Back in february I was treated with flagyl for a gastrointestinal parasite. My lower intestines have never quite been the same since. I've taken culturelle ever since, but now i'm lactose intolerant and very gassy. The latest problem is gassy pain around my lower back, right above my hips on both sides. It seems to jump from one to the other. I can actually feel it move around and when I burp it goes away. I had a uti but was successfully treated, so although worried about kidneys it seems to merely be gas. My question is...How long does it take for the intestines to recover after a parasitic infection? My doctor told me the epithelium takes quite a while as it was denuded. Any informaiton or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...