For no apparent reason, the index finger on my right hand has become swollen and is very painful. It has a constant aching feeling in it, and hurts really bad when I apply any pressure. If I sit still for awhile and do not move my finger, I have a hard time bending it. Under my fingernail, looks a different color than usual (more reddish purple). Anyways this started yesterday, and I was wondering if anyone knew what it could be.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 26th, 2009
hands and feet pain / bone swelling
could be gout or gouty arthritus drink lots of water cut down on to much protein sugars and animal fats avoid fried foods NO SALT and limit alcohol. Use skimmed milk or soya and light low fat spreads.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....