Has anyone been pregnant and gotten a negitive response from first response before af was due? I broke down and took one yesterday. I don't really know when I am due because I go from 28 days to 30 days. I at 29 days today with no pre af symptoms. That is not unusual because I get cramps about five minutes before af usually. Anyway, took a first response test yesterday on the first day I could have gotten af and it was a big fat negitive. Guess I am just wondering if I should still hold any hope or not. I have heard they are pretty accurate but that not everyone produces hcg at the same rate. I really shouldn't have taken the test as it is just making me more nervous.

Advice, anyone?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 25th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
I think you shoud wait a couple more days.They are good tests but some could be defective or it could be the fact that your levels aren't high enough
|

replied April 25th, 2006
First Response Early Tests
I bought first response early tests also in a three pack and they have all come back negative (the last one was two days ago and later this morning is my blood test). I've heard bad things about the early tests like you know how they say 99% accurate - that isn't until after af is due. Four or five days before and they only have a 60% accuracy rate - says so on the leaflet and it should say so on the box if you ask me - it's a little deceptive.

I am in the same boat so i'll let you know how my blood test goes.

Brie
|

User Profile
replied April 25th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
What time is your test?Make sure you come back and tell us how it went!
|

User Profile
replied April 25th, 2006
Experienced User
I took one and it came back negative but im waiting a couple more days and testing again :d
|

User Profile
replied April 26th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
When was your last period?
|

replied April 26th, 2006
Experienced User
I am still waiting for af. I have had slight cramps off and on like it is coming any moment for a day and a half now. My last period started on march 27. I can go anywhere from 28 - 30 days inbetween. This would be counting the first day of af but not the first day of the next. So, by my calculations I should have gotten it either monday, tuesday or this morning. I always get it about 2am in the morning. Not sure why but it wakes me up everytime when the cramps start hard. How are you supposed to come up with a cycle length anyway? Anyone know?

I am so scared to get my hopes up!

I have taken two first response tests, both around 3 pm in the afternoon. One yesterday and one the day before. Both were bfn. Not sure what is going on. The bad thing is, my insurance deductable starts over may 1st. I have already met it for this past year but will now have to meet it again. I really was hoping to know for sure if I was pregnant so I could squeeze a first visit in before may 1st. Doesn't look like that is going to happen, though. I don't want to get my hopes up incase it is just nerves that is delaying af from coming.
|

User Profile
replied April 26th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Well I hope for you! .:*~*~*baby dust*~*~*:.
|

User Profile
replied April 26th, 2006
Experienced User
Well I hope u get a positive soon....Although I know where I live we can get blood tests to see if u preggo for free along w/ the urine tests maybe u could check and see if there sumthing like that where u live but good luck and I hope u get bfp soon :)
|

replied April 26th, 2006
Experienced User
Re: First Response
hopefulin2006 wrote:
has anyone been pregnant and gotten a negitive response from first response before af was due? I broke down and took one yesterday. I don't really know when I am due because I go from 28 days to 30 days. I at 29 days today with no pre af symptoms. That is not unusual because I get cramps about five minutes before af usually. Anyway, took a first response test yesterday on the first day I could have gotten af and it was a big fat negitive. Guess I am just wondering if I should still hold any hope or not. I have heard they are pretty accurate but that not everyone produces hcg at the same rate. I really shouldn't have taken the test as it is just making me more nervous.

Advice, anyone?

i went to the dollar tree in another city the other day, it was huge and they had pregnancy tests and ovulation sticks the pregnacy tests can measure at 25. You only get one for $1 but heck, my friend used it when she thought she was pregnant and she was. I felt like a dork I bought ten of each lol. I used to use first response but the price adds up after you buy a few. I would wait another week, and try again. Because on the first response it says only a % will recieve a positive before there af. Good luck hun - lots of baby dust
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....