Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Fitness Forum

Running Every Other Day..

For about three weeks now I have been running every other day. I started running about 1.5 miles and have now jumped to about 3.1 miles (after I changed my diet). My question is, is this too much? I thought that every other day would be enough time to let my legs regenerate, but they are still sore every other day and even now I started taking a break on the weekends, so its actually been 3 days now and they are still pretty sore. Is that normal? Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 24th, 2006
Experienced User
Re: Running Every Other Day..
sliepnir16 wrote:
for about three weeks now I have been running every other day. I started running about 1.5 miles and have now jumped to about 3.1 miles (after I changed my diet). My question is, is this too much? I thought that every other day would be enough time to let my legs regenerate, but they are still sore every other day and even now I started taking a break on the weekends, so its actually been 3 days now and they are still pretty sore. Is that normal? Thanks.

it is normal if you don't stretch. Stretching is very important before and after running :d
|

replied April 24th, 2006
Re: Running Every Other Day..
sammisa wrote:
sliepnir16 wrote:
for about three weeks now I have been running every other day. I started running about 1.5 miles and have now jumped to about 3.1 miles (after I changed my diet). My question is, is this too much? I thought that every other day would be enough time to let my legs regenerate, but they are still sore every other day and even now I started taking a break on the weekends, so its actually been 3 days now and they are still pretty sore. Is that normal? Thanks.

it is normal if you don't stretch. Stretching is very important before and after running :d

yeah, I never stretch. I guess thats my problem. Thanks.
|

replied May 14th, 2006
U dont stretch before you run.. You runt the risk of tearing a mucles. You need to warm up first then stretch then run.And maybe stretc someore.
|

replied May 14th, 2006
Experienced User
stalker23 wrote:
u dont stretch before you run.. You runt the risk of tearing a mucles. You need to warm up first then stretch then run.And maybe stretc someore.

yeah, you .A.L.W.A.Y.S need to stretch before and after you exercise.. :p
|

replied June 20th, 2006
Streching
I've been running a long time and I must say i've always stretched a little and now I stretch a lot. The more I know about my health, the better I am to deal with a problem when it comes along...Speaking of which, I was told about a health portal Healthsiteguide. Some great info and the links are pre-searched, so it's like google, only all about health. Check it out for some great fitness tips as well. Stay strong and smart
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....