Hello. I am 17 years old, male, 5' 11", and 235 lbs. I have tried everything from self starvation to the south beach diet to a wrestler’s diet and exercise. I am sick of trying things and not getting the results I want. I know that this isn't a disorder per say, but I do have a problem with my weight and I need to loose about 35-45 pounds. I don’t care if it is illegal, dangerous, or just plain stupid. I just want ideas to run off of. I have been told that smoking can keep cravings down but that hasn't worked. Please I need more options. Thanks in advance...

-dellion
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 24th, 2006
Experienced User
I Am Not Going Give You Advice On Eating Disorder Behavior
Some people in this section actually have eating disorders and it could be detrimental for them to read advice on how to lose weight unsafely.
You might want to try another section like diets, fitness, or nutrition.
If you have trouble having losing weight with diets and exercise, perhaps you are not meant to lose weight, at least not very fast. Some people just don't burn fat well.
|

User Profile
replied April 25th, 2006
Experienced User
Hey Dellion
I know your just looking advice so heres some, ive just read that if you cut out all meat products and adapapt to a healter diet like just fruit, veg and fish it would help with reagular exercise, if it is to hard to give up meat products compleatly just have one a day.
Lollipops xoxo
|

replied June 18th, 2006
The most effective way to loose weight if you are serious about it is to set down eating and fitness guidelines and get a ' support person' to advise help and enchorage you. If you cant afford a personal trainer it can be just as good having a good friend to help you
|

User Profile
replied June 18th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Yes, I agree with what was said here. Just because you've tryed a lot of ways and they didn't work, it doesn'te have to mean that you don't have any more chances.
Look, don't give up, but don't forget that losing weight in your case can be good but only if it's done in an appropriate way, because being healthy is, I keep saying this, the most important thing.
If you want to lose weight by starving, for example, you may lose weight, but that will be bad for you, because you'll be playing with your organism instead of listening to it and dealing with it in a good way.
|

replied June 19th, 2006
Re: Overweight - Need Advice
dellion wrote:
hello. I am 17 years old, male, 5' 11", and 235 lbs. I have tried everything from self starvation to the south beach diet to a wrestler’s diet and exercise. I am sick of trying things and not getting the results I want. I know that this isn't a disorder per say, but I do have a problem with my weight and I need to loose about 35-45 pounds. I don’t care if it is illegal, dangerous, or just plain stupid. I just want ideas to run off of. I have been told that smoking can keep cravings down but that hasn't worked. Please I need more options. Thanks in advance...

-dellion

i feel pretty much the same wy as you do... I would love to looe about 30pounds if I could... I excersise contntly and still here I m ft aas ever... Just remember muscel weights more then fat so if your ecersising maybe thts why the scale isn't chnging :shock: I duno
|

replied June 19th, 2006
Hey thats a good point, and if you are really self conscious about your weight it may be hard to tell that your becomming healthier. I think you have to change your priorities personally.
You shouldnt be trying to loose weight as such but more become healthier. Once you start eating healthily and excericing more, your body should tell you your doing the right thing?
I think it might be a good idea to see your doctor about effective ways to shed those pounds?
|

replied March 28th, 2010
6-8 glasses of water a day
No carbs for dinner
Two pieces of fresh fruit daily - one must be an apple
Breakfast - low sugar cereal, with low fat milk
Lunch - two pieces of bread, green leafy vegetables, 150 grams of meat like lean beef, lamb, ham, or chicken or even cheese.
Dinner - 150 grams of vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, carrot, beans, peas, sprouts, zucchini. 150 grams of lean meat again, like lean beef, lamb, ham or chicken

Use extra virgin olive oil to cook with

Snacks can be sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, a handful of almonds, a handful of dried fruit

No alcohol, no sugary drinks. Limit yourself to 1-2 coffee/tea drinks per day.
|

replied August 8th, 2010
First ask a friend who is quite frankand honest and ask them if they think ur overweight. If they say yes. Don't starve yourself. Don't smoke. Just cut down on wot u eat at the moment. Woteva ur vice is crisps or chocolate or sweets or even just big meals. Cut down. Try to eat more healthily. Also drinks such as coke or alchohol generally aren't gd for u. Walk don't take the car. Try the stairs not the lift. Don't count calories though as u'll become obseessed. Just eat in moderation. Try to exercise three times a week. A few hrs can make a huge difference. All the money u spend on vices save in a glass jar and when at the end of each month. Treat yourself to something nice a massage or a ticket to a concert. Whatever u do enjoy it. U may sometimes binge but don't beat urself up about it. No-one's perfect so don't expect ur body to be. Also it helps to write out a list of everything u eat normally . Just to see how much there is. If u have a friend who wants to lose a few pounds or stone. Ask them to be ur diet buddy. This person can then become ur support network. Make sure u tell people ur trying to lose weight so they don't pressure u to eat something when u're trying to be healthy. Best of luck an I hope this helps
|
Tags: weight, Diet
Quick Reply
Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....