User Profile
Publications

reporting child abuse and neglect:

the situations that must be reported are listed in detail below.

Situations that must be reported
cfsa s.72 (1)
despite the provisions of any other act, if a person, including a person who performs professional or official duties with respect to children, has reasonable grounds to suspect one of the following, the person shall forthwith report the suspicion and the information on which it is based to a society:

1. The child has suffered physical harm, inflicted by the person having charge of the child or caused by or resulting from that person's,

i. Failure to adequately care for, provide for, supervise or protect the child, or

ii. Pattern of neglect in caring for, providing for, supervising or protecting the child.

2. There is a risk that the child is likely to suffer physical harm inflicted by the person having charge of the child or caused by or resulting from that person's,

i. Failure to adequately care for, provide for, supervise or protect the child, or

ii pattern of neglect in caring for, providing for, supervising or protecting the child.

3. The child has been sexually molested or sexually exploited, by the person having charge of the child or by another person where the person having charge of the child knows or should know of the possibility of sexual molestation or sexual exploitation and fails to protect the child.

4. There is a risk that the child is likely to be sexually molested or sexually exploited as described in paragraph 3.

5. The child requires medical treatment to cure, prevent or alleviate physical harm or suffering and the child's parent or the person having charge of the child does not provide, or refuses or is unavailable or unable to consent to, the treatment.

6. The child has suffered emotional harm, demonstrated by serious,

i. Anxiety,

ii. Depression,

iii. Withdrawal,

iv. Self-destructive or aggressive behaviour, or

v. Delayed development,

and there are reasonable grounds to believe that the emotional harm suffered by the child results from the actions, failure to act or pattern of neglect on the part of the child's parent or the person having charge of the child.

7. The child has suffered emotional harm of the kind described in subparagraph i, ii, iii, iv or v of paragraph 6 and the child's parent or the person having charge of the child does not provide, or refuses or is unavailable or unable to consent to, services or treatment to remedy or alleviate the harm.

The are lwas and we have no choice to report someone eve if they are thought to be going throught this!!

>>>now this is in regards to allie

you have bashed two laws already and you are using money that is for basic necessties on extravagant items which you have bragged about if you think I am joking im not im tuly hoping someone reports you~~

you came on here not seeking medical help when you couldnt feel your baby move which is neglect to the child and trust me it can be fought in court(my sis is a lawyer) so please take a !**@! parenting course~!

Leaving your child with someone you have never met and had no credentials in the way of certificates is another form of neglect(you can leave your child with a stranger but they have to be licensed and have certificates in childcare and first/cpr. Now if it is family or close friends they dont need too unless they are under 18 or if both parties sign a consent form.

I tried to be nice but sucks to be on my hated side cause I do research anyways im leaving it at that

cheers mate!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 23rd, 2006
Supporter
Cheers jess :wink:
|

User Profile
replied April 23rd, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Lol! Michelle luv ya too (im pathetic lol I was just talking to you) oh well cheers again!
|

replied April 23rd, 2006
Experienced User
Oh god.

I agree that allie is stupid, shouldn't have kids and should probably just be euthanized. But seriously, everyone needs to get over it. It's as bad as fatfamily. Her name comes up in every damn post and half the posts on here seem to be about her. There's a point where drama stops becoming funny and just gets old. She's passed that point. We've all seen that she doesn't even get close to understanding the valid points people make.

She will continue to parent badly. She will likely pop out a baby every year for the next few years. And they will all be parented badly and likely fed pop in bottles, solids at 2 weeks, put on their tummies and left to whatever half-decent person in the city she can pay to watch them...Regardless of any actual checks on them.

Nothing anyone says here will do any different. Yes, she could be reported. Yes, she's likely already broken laws. Does she care no? Will she be reported by anyone on here? Not likely.

Everyone is better off just ignoring her totally. I think she's probably a troll trying to rile people up more then anything.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...