How often do you ladies bathe your babies? Is every day too much? I don't want to dry her skin out, even tho I put lotion on her after her baths.
I have been giving her a bath every other day so far. She loooooooves her baths!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 23rd, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
I think its 2-3 times a week

someone with experience may say differnt tho and id go with that
|

replied April 23rd, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I'd have to say 3 times a week aswell, not counting sat. & sun.
|

User Profile
replied April 23rd, 2006
Supporter
I bathed my boys twice a day for the first few months.

I used johnson's lotion and body wash.. The best scent ever!!!
|

User Profile
replied April 23rd, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I bathe mine every second day unless they are really dirty but for infants they say 2-3 times a week bathing them too much can dry their skin....

Cameron only gets a quick sponge bath if he puked all over himself
|

replied April 23rd, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Okie dokie. Just wondering. Babies obviously don't get grubby other than a little puke here and there, so I know they don't *need* one every day. I think i'll stick to the every other day/second day like the rest of you. I don't want .Adriana to dry up n' blow away!
Michelle! I agree I love that smell. I'm afraid one of these times that poor baby is gonna be snorted up my noise cuz i'm always smellin' her hair after her bath! :p
|

User Profile
replied April 23rd, 2006
Supporter
hopefulmjz wrote:

michelle! I agree I love that smell. I'm afraid one of these times that poor baby is gonna be snorted up my noise cuz i'm always smellin' her hair after her bath! :p

lmao
|

replied April 23rd, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Ooo have u tried the lavender johnson and johnson? It smells .S.O .G.O.O.D!!!! I bath liam like every 3rd day cuz he does not like to be naked at all! Macy gets one everyday or every toher day depending on what we do that day cuz she likes to take a bath
|

User Profile
replied April 23rd, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Gerber also sells the lavender stuff cheaper at walmart lol(im a walmart junkie) anyways there oatmeal body wash is too diefor as well but the lavender smells so good!

I actually buy baby soap for myself....
|

replied April 23rd, 2006
Especially eHealthy
I feel like such a dork cuz ill always talk about the name brands and ppl are like I buy walmart brand like im trying to say I dont (not that u were just I met some new ppl when I moved here and thats what it seems like with them sometimes) so here it is .I .L.O.V.E .W.A.L.M.A.R.T I normally buy walmart brand also but now that weve moved here walmart is like 20 mins away and the commisary is right down the road and we get name brands cheaper +we dont pay tax so thats y I had johnson and johnson

i feel better now
|

User Profile
replied April 23rd, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Dani I wasnt trying to imply anything im a walmart junkie at walmart only cause I get brandname cheaper, but we dont have a canex here so we dont get military discounts!!!
|

replied April 23rd, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Yeah! I love the lavender bedtime baby wash. That's what she uses. We got tons of bathing supplies for my baby shower so i've got a lot of different brands. But I already knew I loved johnsons so that's what I chose first. But now I know there are other cheaper brands that smell the same, so when it comes time to buy it, I know what to get! I should own stock in wal-mart by now. I love that store.
|

User Profile
replied April 23rd, 2006
Supporter
Walmart rocks!!!
|

replied April 23rd, 2006
Especially eHealthy
I know u werent jess it was more my neighbor friends cuz we were talking about pics and I get mine done at the picture people and they were like o I go to walmart and the same thing with a pair of pants the other ones daughter had on I was like o those r cute they look like the ones from old navy and she was like their walmart I shop at walmart implying that I dont or dont approve of it or somethiing I dunno it was a lil akward kinda like I went over there and they were straightening each others hair and I was like o let me go get mine (cuz they were using a cheap one that wasnt working that well) and they kinda seemed offended but once they saw how nice their hair was they were happy

i like the fact that I have new friends it just feels like I have to watch what I say or suggest u know? I was just venting a little
|

User Profile
replied April 23rd, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Depends brandname works better sometimes and sometimes its no name crap that works good depends on who makes it!!
|

replied April 23rd, 2006
Experienced User
I bought the johnson's lavender bedtime lotion for myself! ;)
|

User Profile
replied April 23rd, 2006
Supporter
rasuyoung wrote:
i bought the johnson's lavender bedtime lotion for myself! ;)

hahahaha

you silly thing!
|

replied April 23rd, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
rasuyoung wrote:

does it really have a calming effect? Or maybe it just works for babies since they are so little. I don't know :p
|

replied April 24th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
rasuyoung wrote:

lol so did i, I love it and the way it smells, well I actually bought it for the baby but since I got it I have started using it myself and my hubby keeps gettin mad at me for using the 'baby stuff'
|

User Profile
replied April 25th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
rasuyoung wrote:

i bought that a couple years ago for myself before I went away on vacation...It's all I use now. It's the best. I haven't tried it on ireland yet...I'm afraid to use any lotions and things especially with perfume. I don't want her to have a reaction.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...