Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

Gb Or Something Else? Will the Real Culprit Please Stand Up?

Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
Hi, I have been dealing with a lot of weird symptoms for about 1 1/2 years now. It started with a level 10 pain in my right side below my ribs that lasted for over 12 hours before residing to a dull ache. A couple days later, it came back again. When it happened a second time, I went into to see my pcp. He immediately sent me for tests that haven't stopped. I, like so many others on this site, have ran the gamut of tests. Too many ct scans, hida scans, x-rays, colonoscopies to mention. Along with a few others that I can't even begin to remember the names.

The one thing I can't seem to be able to get is a surgeon that's willing to take a peek inside. I'm the proverbial hysterical female because all of these tests have came back normal and so the last surgeon has recommended me for pain therapy! Let's mask the symptoms and you won't know when your body is having a serious problem that could really be causing you a major issue. To give a little more background, I have had 3 laparotomies as well as at least 8 laparoscopies which leads to, you guessed it, a lot of scar tissue and adhesions. My guess is this may very well be the culprit behind a lot of the pain i'm experiencing. The only doctor in agreement with me on this is my pcp.

What do you do when you can't find a surgeon willing to agree with you about this? I've read many of the posts and it's amazing how many of you are in this same boat and I am literally ready to pull my hair out!! Every single time I have had a surgical procedure they have found something adhered to something else. It's frustrating when you know your body isn't functioning correctly and you can't get anyone to listen to you.

I would like to have my quality of life back. A person should not have to go for over a year like this because doctor's are not willing to at listen to what is being said to them. If all of the diagnostic tests have returned with one thing and the patient is insisting there is something there and the pcp agrees, what more do they need? My pcp feels it will take me being rushed into the er one night with something no longer functioning correctly because the scar tissue or adhesions has blocked it before I will get them to do this.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I am more than open to them. I don't know what to do anymore.

Thanks for taking the time to listen to me vent.
Did you find this post helpful?