Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

My Eating...it's Messed Up...i Need Help

Ok. Well, first of all, I found out I have allergies to wheat and eggs. So i'm not getting the right nutrients there.
Second, I skip many meals at a time, and lately I have thrown up a lot (mostly because i'm eating wheat). I don't know what to do to get better. My body is getting weak and i've lost 17 pounds. :(
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 21st, 2006
I had allready weighed too little. I was 5' 4'' and 126 pounds. Now i've lost more...I lose about a pound a week at least...
|

replied April 21st, 2006
Experienced User
Well First Stop Eating Wheat
And anything else that you are allergic to. Are you doing this for the purpose of losing weight? You must make a conscious effort not to do this. If part of you wants to lose weight and is using this, it might be more difficult to break.
A good step would be to clear your house of offending products. If you live with others, perhaps you or them could put all the offending products in one cupboard or something so you wouldn't reach for them. Wheat and eggs are in a lot of things, but not everything. Buy fresh meat, vegtables, and rice. If you are still problems with a good meal plan, talk to a doctor or dietician. Also take a multivitamin.
It is best to get these things under control as soon as possible. I don't know if you have an eating disorder from this post, but eating disorders can spring up from bad eating habits and get worse the longer that you do them. The weaker you get, the harder it can be to act in your best interests.
|
Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....