I recently had a base line colonoscopy. The anesthesia used was propofol. I ended up with aspiration pneumonitis. My chest xray showed that the lingular pneum had resolved. I had a ct scan of the chest that showed a 4mm pleural based soft tissue- of right costophrenic recess. My question is could this have been from the anesthesia and should this have showed up on the chest xray. The scan was taken 5 weeks after the incident. Thank you....
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 30th, 2008
Doctor
Anestesia can cause aspiration pneumonia but can't provoke soft tissue growth. CT-scan also uses X-rays but thanks to the computer technology it can visualize more things than common X-ray image can do.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Asthma affects more than 22 million Americans. But what happens during a respiratory asthma attack? Learn the basics about asthma now....
Some people are more likely than other to be diagnosed with asthma. Learn if you are at risk of asthma in this section on risk factors and causes of asthma....
How can you identify the signs and symptoms of asthma or respiratory problems? We list the common asthma symptoms here and discuss asthma problems....