if a man does not want a child should he be forced to pay.
no
yes
36%  36%  [ 9 ]
64%  64%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 25
What is the difference between a man who does not want a child and a woman who does not want a child.

The woman is exercising choice whereas the man is a deadbeat dad.
This is why I say pro choice is not really pro choice it is pro womans choice because apart from paying for that child for the next 18 years men have no choice, I posted as much in the debate forum but was told that one member of pro choice was going to ignore the main part of the post the rest have just basically ignored it.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 21st, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
If a woman cannot be forced to be a mother then a man should not be able to be forced to be a father
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied April 21st, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I think men should be expected to pay because both the man and woman are equally responsible for their actions. However I am totally against the sabotage of the man means in the sense that if a man makes a lot of money he should only pay what it's needed to take care of the child and not extra. Many women sabotage men in asking more money than what they need for the child support (so they can enjoy his money too) and that is totally abusive. Men should not be paying alimony neither.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied April 22nd, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
nightangel73 wrote:
i think men should be expected to pay because both the man and woman are equally responsible for their actions. However I am totally against the sabotage of the man means in the sense that if a man makes a lot of money he should only pay what it's needed to take care of the child and not extra. Many women sabotage men in asking more money than what they need for the child support (so they can enjoy his money too) and that is totally abusive. Men should not be paying alimony neither.



why should the man pay ? If the woman didn't want the baby she would have aborted so why should the man be forced to be a father and the woman not forced to be a mother?
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied April 22nd, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
diamond splinter wrote:



why should the man pay ?


the man should pay because the man consented the sex with the woman. So unless the man was raped then he should pay.


diamond splinter wrote:

if the woman didn't want the baby she would have aborted so why should the man be forced to be a father and the woman not forced to be a mother?


because that's what the law says and there is nothing you can do about it. Same reason why an unborn baby can't have a right to life. Unfair laws.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied April 22nd, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
nightangel wrote:
the man should pay because the man consented the sex with the woman. So unless the man was raped then he should pay.



what if he took precautions and the condom broke, why should he pay if he does not want a child, if that child would destroy his life.?
How come he cannot stop her being a mother yet she can force him to be a father.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied April 23rd, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
cowboys wrote:
nightangel wrote:
the man should pay because the man consented the sex with the woman. So unless the man was raped then he should pay.



what if he took precautions and the condom broke, why should he pay if he does not want a child, if that child would destroy his life.?

How come he cannot stop her being a mother yet she can force him to be a father.



it doesn't matter if the condom brakes. We all now that no contraceptive method is 100% except to abstinence. No man is actually forced to be a father anyways. The man is only forced to pay and paying doesn't make any man a father.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied June 9th, 2006
Look it - this whole debate really makes me mad. It takes two to tango everybody - if a guy decides to have sex with a woman he knows what can happen. This is the real world everybody. In the real world you have to take responsibility for your actions. That's always how it's been, whether it's in regards to taking care of a child or not. It's like saying if you "accidently" hit a car in a parking lot you could just drive away and all that because you didn't "mean" to hit the car. In the real world you should pay to repair the car you hit! You have a driver's license, and by having that license you agree to accept responsibility for your actions behind the wheel. Same goes for having sex with a woman. Might not be a perfect example but the message rings through.

Saying that guys shouldn't have to help support a child that they fathered is like saying that it's all the woman's fault for becoming pregnant, the guy had nothing to do with it. That's just bs! That's just crazy. It's 50/50 everybody.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied June 9th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
nikkkki wrote:
look it - this whole debate really makes me mad. It takes two to tango everybody - if a guy decides to have sex with a woman he knows what can happen. This is the real world everybody. In the real world you have to take responsibility for your actions. That's always how it's been, whether it's in regards to taking care of a child or not. It's like saying if you "accidently" hit a car in a parking lot you could just drive away and all that because you didn't "mean" to hit the car. In the real world you should pay to repair the car you hit! You have a driver's license, and by having that license you agree to accept responsibility for your actions behind the wheel. Same goes for having sex with a woman. Might not be a perfect example but the message rings through.


Saying that guys shouldn't have to help support a child that they fathered is like saying that it's all the woman's fault for becoming pregnant, the guy had nothing to do with it. That's just bs! That's just crazy. It's 50/50 everybody.



did you read the whole thread?
The point is that if the father has to pay when he doesn't want the child then so must the mother ie: continuing the pregnancy becaus the father wishes her to even if she doesn't.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied June 9th, 2006
I was replying to nightangel73 post, not anybody else's.

And i'm not exactly understanding your point here. Aren't I allowed to express my opinion too? You can, so why can't i?
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied June 9th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Nikkki And Diamond Splinter
I think you are both right. The father should be as responsible as the mother.....After all they were equally responsible for the creation of this little human. And if the father has to take responsiblity for his actions....Then he should also have a say in the life of his creation...I.E. Whether that child should be aborted or not.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied July 29th, 2006
Well if the guy did not want to have a baby, he know the risk of having sex um lets see we all almost learned about this in lets see 5,6,7,8,grade and so on.So if he did not want to take the risk of having a baby then he shouldnt have sex!!!!!!!!!!!!! Same with a female.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied November 2nd, 2006
Experienced User
I think the man shoudl be asked to pay..... But there may be a situation that a woman does not want his support.

I know some one who had a child. The father was in "hding" so to say. But after 5 years he dicides to pay spport and now the battle for the child's cutody is going on.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply