Just wondering what folic acid helps??? And if anyone knows that I should be taking it daily???
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 18th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Hi There
I think I read those ttc should start taking folic acid few months before trying. Im taking it now daily too.
|

replied April 18th, 2006
Experienced User
Well good luck to you too!! :)
|

replied April 18th, 2006
Experienced User
A good prenatal vitamin will have just the right amount of folic acid, in addition to other vitamins and minerals, like iron and anti-oxidants. A prenatal is your best bet in preparing to conceive.

Nancy
edit
|

replied April 19th, 2006
Experienced User
Thanks guys
|

replied April 20th, 2006
Experienced User
It helps to make sure the baby's spinal cord and brain develop properly.
|

replied April 20th, 2006
Experienced User
I've been taking folic acid along w/ my vitamins since december. I still haven't had any luck in getting pregnant but by the time I do my baby should be nice and healthy! Lol
|

replied April 21st, 2006
Experienced User
Jenny are you taking anything else?
|

replied April 22nd, 2006
Experienced User
No, not at the time. Back in november I had to take provera to get my period because I had just come off the pill in september. My period is pretty regular now. It may be late by a couple of days every now and then... My husband is wanting to get some ovulex and i'm all for it. I really think it might help. It can't hurt!
|

replied April 22nd, 2006
Experienced User
I read about ovulex it seems pretty nice...I called and talked to them about it. Im on metformin and if that doesn't help any im going to try ovulex so please keep me posted on how it works out. Good luck!
|

replied April 23rd, 2006
Experienced User
Ive been usin ovulex for a week now!! Fingers crossed!! Good luck!
|

replied April 23rd, 2006
Experienced User
Same to you klo keep me posted!
|

replied April 24th, 2006
I've been on ovulex for a week now too! Not quite sure what it's doing but I definately feel different? I must investigate though: should I be taking folic acid too?
Good luck everybody. I know how important this is to you all. I've been trying for my baby number 2 for a year and a half now. Xxxxx
|

replied April 24th, 2006
Experienced User
Hi mrs.Monty!
I would say yes after hearing what everyone said about it. I think anyone who is try'n to have a baby probley should. Its just a little extra help making sure the baby is healthly after concived.

Thats so funny how im the one asking the question and now i'm tellin you!
Haha good luck and you too keep me posted!
|

replied April 25th, 2006
Lol cogoli, I know what you mean. Still, it's nice to know that other people out there have almost the same questions as you. I know what you mean about answering questions lol. I posted quite a lot yesterday lol.

I'll get into town and pick up some folic acid then.

Hope all you girls are well today? Have a great day xxxxx
|

replied April 25th, 2006
Experienced User
Well mrs.Monty maybe you could answer a question for me? Yesterday I thought I got my period and it was really bad! Im talking I never had it that bad and last nite and still today nothing. Is this ever normal or do you think I should be worried??
;(

or anyone that could have any advice????
|

replied April 25th, 2006
Well hun, I guess that depends if you were due your period or not? It's kinda hard to comment without having all the facts love xxx
|

User Profile
replied April 25th, 2006
Experienced User
So what exactly does folic acid help do sorri I dont realli know much about it
|

replied April 26th, 2006
Experienced User
Folic acid is to make sure that the baby is healthy after concived.

Mrs.Monty
I thought I was due april 17th that came and I spotted for two days real lite. And then what happened the other day. And days little still nothing! I am on metformin so I dunno maybe this is normal until it gets in my system.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....