Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

(warning: Tmi) Cervix During Af? (hpt Pics Included) (Page 1)

I know...It's kinda gross...But I had to check.

I had very light bleeding sunday, medium yesterday and very, very light again today (there was very little and it was brown and sticky on tampon when I got up ).

So...I checked my cervix and it's so high I could barely reach it and it felt very soft. I've never checked during af before...But I know it's usually extremely low and firm just before and after af. Also...I usually have really severe cramps (i have endo and the cramps can sometimes bring me to tears) and I just realised that I didn't even notice them yesterday. Also...I've peed three times already and i've only been awake for 2 hours! I have other little "symptoms" too...But i'm gonna wait and see what happens with this "period". Maybe...Just maybe...There's still hope this cycle??? Maybe it's implantation??

Any opinions?

Last edited by wannababy25 on April 19th, 2006 11:28 AM; edited 1 time in total
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper wannababy25
|

replied April 18th, 2006
Experienced User
I have no idea, but your post made me curious about something I think you might be able to answer..

How do you check your cervix? And how is it supposed to be?

Sorry for the ignorance, i'm 22, and apparently I have no clue about my reproductive organs :-p
|

replied April 18th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
You never said what cycle day you are on or when your period should start.
|

replied April 18th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
If you're currently on your period theres no way you would be experiencing pregnancy symptoms. These might be symptoms of your period. During your period, your reproductive organs can swell causing your uterus to sit a little on your bladder. Which may be the reason why you're peeing a lot more than normal.

The only thing I could suggest is for you to take a pregnancy test when you stop bleeding completely. If you don't get the results you think you should, call your .Dr and set up another urine and a blood test to know for sure.

Let us know!!
Sarah
|

replied April 18th, 2006
Experienced User
babymajic0506 wrote:
if you're currently on your period theres no way you would be experiencing pregnancy symptoms. These might be symptoms of your period. During your period, your reproductive organs can swell causing your uterus to sit a little on your bladder. Which may be the reason why you're peeing a lot more than normal.

The only thing I could suggest is for you to take a pregnancy test when you stop bleeding completely. If you don't get the results you think you should, call your .Dr and set up another urine and a blood test to know for sure.

Let us know!!

Sarah

well...I don't know for sure that what I am experiencing is my "period". The bleeding is less and the cramps are almost non-existent and they have always been severe. I would have been 13 dpo when the bleeding started. There have been many times when a woman has mistaken implantation for her period. I also had a dip in temps that day (maybe implantation dip?). On top of that...Some women do still have bleeding each month while preggo. My mother did for several months in all three of her pregnancies.

Anyway...Sorry for not giving more info. If this is not my period...Then I am on cd 30 and 15 dpo today. I took a hpt two hours ago and had a faint positive. So...Maybe...I am preggo after all. I will test again after the bleeding stops.

Here are my symptoms so far from 1 dpo to 15 dpo:
-very emotional and crying for no reason (several days). Very irritable and impatient.

-sore bb's and sharp twinges in nipples
-odd feeling in the lower belly area (i have no idea how to describe it...Except that I notice it most when I breath out...Almost like muscles tense or contract)
-orgasm feels different (???)
-severe carpel tunnel and cramp all the way up my arm for three days (not sure if this is related...But it's very annoying!!)
-weird dreams
-feeling flushed and like I am coming down with a cold.

-cramps since 7 dpo
-very hungry/hollow feeling in the stomach (even an hour after eating sometimes).

-headaches
-very tired
-bloated and gassy
-couple tiny spider veins appeared on bb's at 10 dpo.

-temps haven't really dropped much this time.

-heartburn (which I have never been prone to get)
-nausea

sorry this post was so long,
melanie :)
|

replied April 18th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Hi Wannababy
Wow cool u got faint positive, I would say u are preggy. Maybe u can go ahead and get a blood test to confirm?
|

replied April 19th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Why do you check your cervix? Lol sorry never heard of this before!
|

replied April 19th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Faint Positive
If you got a faint positive, I would take it as the real thing. My 1st 2 tests were very faint. The determining line would not have shown up if the hormone wasn't detected.

Go to the .Dr to confirm this. Bring the tests with you to show them.

Good .Luck!!

Sarah

p.S: are you trying to conceive?
|

User Profile
replied April 19th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
I think I missed something.I didn't see anything about a faint pos.? ? ?
|

replied April 19th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
It's in the post with the chart.....

Sarah
|

User Profile
replied April 19th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Oh,i see it now,wannababy is preggers!!! *yay*
|

replied April 19th, 2006
Experienced User
melissa_20 wrote:
oh,i see it now,wannababy is preggers!!! *yay*

lol!! I just wont allow myself to even think that right now until I get a darker line or confirmation from a blood test. I went through this at the end of january (when I first signed up here) and had two faint positives and the doctor agreed I was preggo during a pelvic exam. I was soo excited!!! I had even told my closest family members. When the blood test came back...It was negative. I was sooo devastated. It took quite some time to get over it. The only thing I can think of is that I miscarried or had a chemical pregnancy...Although this was never confirmed by a doctor. I guess there's always a part of me that thinks that maybe the faint positives were evap lines...You know? I just kept doubting myself. I know I had many, many symptoms...But it's just one of those things that i'll never know for sure. So...I hope this line gets darker!!

allie_18 wrote:
why do you check your cervix? Lol sorry never heard of this before!

i chart my cervical position, cervical fluid and basal body temperature. They are all great ways to track ovulation and to know if you've achieved pregnancy. I have been charting since february. I have been ttc since december. Usually...Your cervix is low and hard before, during and after your period. Once ovulation approaches...Your cervix becomes soft and rises up and opens to release the egg. I wondered about my cervix being high and soft...Because this usually happens when pregnancy is achieved (the cervix will rotate upward to protect the baby from infection and harm). This can happen at different times for different women.

The bleeding has become very light pink/brown spotting (only when wiping) and cervix is still almost unreachable.
Here's to hopin' that I am!!! I've been disappointed before...And don't want to go through that again. :(
i'll keep you ladies posted.
Melanie
|

User Profile
replied April 19th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Yes please do,i hope you get a bfp! *~*~*baby dust*~*~*
|

User Profile
replied April 19th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Take one more. . .I think its like after a half hour its bad right?Thats within 10minuts. Your preggers!(knock on wood) don't want to jinx you!
|

replied April 19th, 2006
Experienced User
Yeah...They say it can take up to 10 minutes to get your result...Anything that appears after that...Is to be disregarded. It's a test I bought at wal-mart...No name kind called "one step pregnancy test" and it can be used up to 4 days before your expected period.
|

User Profile
replied April 19th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Oooh,take another!
|

replied April 19th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
So is this the kind where you'd get the vertical line to confirm that you peed on it and the horizontal line to confirm a pregnancy??

Or...Is it the kind where the one to the left is a plus or a minus?? If it's anything like the one I had, a line would show up if it detected the hormone...And if there was nothing, the box on the left would remain empty.

I would feel the same way if I were in your prediciment...I wouldn't count my chickens until they hatch...Ya know what i'm saying. It's just too similar to your last experience. Go get another test and see what it says...Get a different brand. If it comes back positive...Than call your ob.Gyn asap!! Like I said...Mine were very faint...I waited a week and took 2 more and they were darker!

Good .Luck!!
Sarah
|

replied April 19th, 2006
Experienced User
Yeah I can kinda see the fain linens the 2nd I can see better than the first but I can see them...I would take an nother see if it goes darker try the dollor tree ones they work just as good I used them with this pg when I found out I was pg..They both were positive I had to take the other one just to make sure..And iam almost 17 weeks this friday.. Good luck baby dust to all that need it...
|

replied April 19th, 2006
Experienced User
I see a line! I think you are pg!
|

replied April 19th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Definately looks positive there! Congrats! And thanks for the info =)
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....