I'm usually the strong one, I seem to give more advice than take it but the guy i'm love with has decided things between us are too intense and he has recently started with someone else....Its absolutely breaking me up and i'm scared this will tip me back into the depression I had through the winter.....Do any of you have any tips for getting over ppl ?? It would be v. Appreciated

rue
xxxxx
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 16th, 2006
Experienced User
So sorry to hear that rue, unfortunately sometimes our feelings are not returned equally. When i'm considering breaking up with someone, I often ask myself one question,"am I happier with this person or am I happier without this person?" maybe it was too intense, especially for younger couples, there's one who may feel pressured or controlled and wants to just be young and free.

To stay depression free, i'd recommend the old saying,"living well is the best revenge", that is, go out, have fun with friends, meet new people and have a grand old time!------you heard about the "replacement"....He'll hear about your fun. :)
|

User Profile
replied April 18th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Do what they said.You know what I do?I pamper myself! Go get my nails done,get my hair cut,buy some new clothes,and better yet,do it with a friend.I find that helps me out a lot.Also you look good after you've done it all so who knows,youy may attract attention from someone else! Hope you get to feelin better soon!
|

replied April 20th, 2006
Thanks
Thank you both for your replies....It means alot...And I am starting to feel better at least in the day...Night is still a problem but i'm sorting it out....Trying to forget....Its just so hard to stop thinking about what could have been and i'm sure you know what I mean....But thanks for the advise....A bit of pampering and partying may do me the world of good

luv
rue
xxxx
|

User Profile
replied April 20th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
I think it would do you great! Have fun and get better!
|

replied April 21st, 2006
Hi rue, since you've given me some good advice in the past I thought it only fair to return the favour.
You seem like a really intelligent girl with a lot to offer, always remember that. If he couldn't appreciate that, then he's done you a favour by moving on, that way you get to get on with your life. Look at the positives, you're young and you're free. This world has so many opportunities within it; now is the time to go out and really enjoy it. Don't let what's happened compromise who you are and what you want out of life. With a hurt like that; it will take time (i know), allow yourself to hurt and allow yourself to get over it. With time you definitely will.

I hope this work out for you...I wish you all the luck in the world.

Kenyax
|

User Profile
replied April 21st, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I am sorry that you are going through something like this! No, he is not worth putting yourself inta a depression mode it is just telling you that you deserve better, a lot of us have been through this and yes, nights are the roughest, it might take a little time and then again, you might meet someone tomorrow, just try not to find someone on the rebound but the poster was right, do something nice for yourself, you deserve it! Remember, it is his lost!
The best to you!
Keep us posted.
|

replied April 27th, 2006
Thank You
Thanks for all your advice and although i'd be lying to myself if I said I was over him I am feeling much better and taking comfort in the fact i'm still free and other areas of my life are going well. I think the hardest thing is the disappointment of believing someone is right for you only to be let down...And im sure its something i'll accept with time. There is little signs that im sinkin back into my depression so thats something to be v happy about

thanks again

luv
rue
xxxx
|