Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

I'm New...with a Question About Ovulex

Hi, everyone. I guess I should give a little background, huh? Well, to put it bluntly, I don't even come close to ovulating regularly. I just started my period today, and I haven't had one since feb. 2005. I've been this way ever since I was 11.

Basically, I don't know where to turn. I try not to get depressed about it, but it's hard. I would be lying through my teeth if I said I wasn't jealous of my sisters-in-law who seem to get pregnant every 9 months. My husband and I desparately want a child, but there just isn't enough money for fertility treatments, etc.

My question, I guess, is: does ovulex really work? Or is it too good to be true?

Thanks in advance for any advice. I'll be back often, I know.

Nathalie
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 14th, 2006
I dont know how true it is, but to me its worth a try. I'm currently on ovulex and I have no complaints. It actually regulated my mence and for the first time since I started using it I noticed that I had ewcm. I'm on my second month of it and i'm 5dpo so right now im just doing the two week wait.
|

replied April 14th, 2006
Experienced User
There are quite a few supplements out there like ovulex. Fertilaid is another great one.

Nancy
edit
|

replied April 14th, 2006
Thanks for the advice....

How long have either of you been ttc?
|

replied April 14th, 2006
Experienced User
Have you been to the doctor at all? Some fertility drugs and treatments are covered by insurance now.
|

replied April 16th, 2006
Hi im on ovulex 5 weeks now and I havnt had a period since nov as I was on the depo injection that wore of in oct ......Right but so far it has only made me spot so I dont know im thinking about just taking the herbs individually as ovulex apparently cannot tell you how much of what is in there dong quai is supposed to be good and angus castus (vitex) is also good
|

replied April 16th, 2006
Re: I'm New...with a Question About Ovulex
nathalie_dincher wrote:
hi, everyone. I guess I should give a little background, huh? Well, to put it bluntly, I don't even come close to ovulating regularly. I just started my period today, and I haven't had one since feb. 2005. I've been this way ever since I was 11.

Basically, I don't know where to turn. I try not to get depressed about it, but it's hard. I would be lying through my teeth if I said I wasn't jealous of my sisters-in-law who seem to get pregnant every 9 months. My husband and I desparately want a child, but there just isn't enough money for fertility treatments, etc.

My question, I guess, is: does ovulex really work? Or is it too good to be true?

Thanks in advance for any advice. I'll be back often, I know.

Nathalie
|

replied April 16th, 2006
Experienced User
Ovulex is like any other multi-herb fertility supplement. It will work for some women and not for others. Ovulex tends to build up their claim by offering a refund if you are not happy with it. However they know that most people won't go through the work involved in actually returning it. They also build in the refund amount by having higher prices...So essentially you are paying for the refunds given to other users.

Fertilaid is a supplement very similar to ovulex....However the price is considerably lower.

Nancy
edit
|

replied April 17th, 2006
Dong Quai
Hi..

Im also taking dong quai...But be sure to stop taking it when you are pregnant..It stops blood from clotting.Recently there was a case here where a mother died, soon after giving birth. Upon checking, she s been taking too much of this herbs
|

replied April 17th, 2006
Experienced User
Dong quai should never be taken alone. It should always be taken in conjunction with another herbal product

nancy
edit
|

replied April 24th, 2006
I think you should try it, im now 4weeks and 1 day and I would say thanks to ovulex because I was never pregnants before.
|

replied September 16th, 2006
Hi nathalie,
i have been on for a week & noticed a difference with cm & period regulating. I know of a few people who have tried it with success, so I am giving it a whirl. I do know that you should stop as soon as you think that you have conceived though, at least that's what I have been told. I am currently ttc also.
Good luck
sue
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....