I had my annual check up on wednesday. I discussed ttc with no results with my Dr. Due to my history with ovarian cysts and everything, they are thinking there might be scar tissue somewhere. The other thing that came up is a possible blocked falopian tube. They think this since my husbands spermies are fine and I am ovulating every month right on schedule. I guess it is a possibility that there is scar tissue over the end of the falopian tube due to cysts. Anyone had a problem similar to this? Has anyone been ovulating with sperm count fine and it still took them awhile to conceive? My Dr. Asked me to chart my bbt for two months to give her a better chart. I asked her why I had to do this when the home opks said I am ovulating, but she said it is useful. Anyone know why if I already know I am ovulating?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 14th, 2006
Experienced User
A positive opk test only tells you that you had an lh surge. It does not necessarily mean you actually ovulated since it is possible to have the surge and then not ovulate. You doctor can tell from bbt that you are ovulating and how long your luteal phase is. I would suggest that you check out the book taking charge of your fertility. It is a great resource with lots of info. Is your doc recommending an hsg test to see if you are blocked?
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....