Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

When Is It Time to Find a New Doctor?

I called up my ob/gyn's office the other day to see if I could make an appointment. I've been ttc for 6 months and have pcos. The receptionist said I couldn't get an appointment till 6 months from now because the doctor doesn't have any openings until then. I've been going to this doctor for 4 years. It seems ridiculous to have to make an appointment that far in advance. Is this normal or should I start looking for a new doctor that isn't so difficult to get in to see?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 14th, 2006
Experienced User
Thats ridiculous.. How do you know you're going to be ill/ need to see the doctor that far in advance.. Hmm hold on till I get my crystal ball!

I'd seriously think about changing doctors!
|

replied April 14th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
The first time you have doubts about your ob/gyn and you don't feel comfortable....Then change
|

User Profile
replied April 14th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Screw that,i would get another doctor! You shouldn't have to wait that long for an appointment.
|

replied April 16th, 2006
Experienced User
Changing Doctors?
If you don't want to change but want to call "bs!" on the receptionist, go in to make your appointment, but ask for a nurse or the doctor instead.

Explain to the doctor or nurse what happened and that you wanted to make sure that this was the case before you changed doctors. If they're a good practice, they'll try to get you in as soon as possible, so that they can keep your business.

Otherwise, screw 'em and get comfy elsewhere.
|

replied April 16th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
That's messed up. I called for my first appointment and was in there three days later.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....