Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

Hard Lumps On Back of Head And Neck

For over a year now I have had a hard lump on back of neck that hasn't changed. Today, while bathing I found a tick imbeded in my scalp. I removec tick and began checking for more. I found a hard lump on the back of my skull on the opposite side of neck lump and I think just below where the tick was - to my left, just above where the skull meets the neck. And yes I do have itchy scalp that flakes. I was told it was some sort of skin condition -phsoriasis?- I don't know how to spell it. But that was what I dismised neck lump resulting from. So is lump possibly cancer? Another reaction to itchy scalp, or tick spit. I doesn't hurt but is slightly tender if I touch it alot.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper contheawesomel
|

replied May 16th, 2006
Re: Hard Lumps On Back of Head And Neck
I have the exact same problem, minus the neck part. Were you able to find out anything about the lump on the back of your skull?

fishnjenn wrote:
for over a year now I have had a hard lump on back of neck that hasn't changed. Today, while bathing I found a tick imbeded in my scalp. I removec tick and began checking for more. I found a hard lump on the back of my skull on the opposite side of neck lump and I think just below where the tick was - to my left, just above where the skull meets the neck. And yes I do have itchy scalp that flakes. I was told it was some sort of skin condition -phsoriasis?- I don't know how to spell it. But that was what I dismised neck lump resulting from. So is lump possibly cancer? Another reaction to itchy scalp, or tick spit. I doesn't hurt but is slightly tender if I touch it alot.
|

replied November 11th, 2007
Lump And Pain In Neck
Over the past 5 weeks i have developed a lump on the back left of my neck. There is also some pain down my neck. I also suffer from pain on the right breast and just under my breast. Are the two linked?
|

replied April 12th, 2009
linked
when dealing with things like this, people very often try to make excuses for it. DO NOT assume it is a coincidence go to a doctor; i didn't and now i have to deal with the consequences of almost a year of chemo which the doctor says i could have avoided.
|

replied March 25th, 2013
a while ago round about 7 months ago i noticed i had a small hard lump on back of neck since then i have noticed i get several spots which have turned into hard lumps on my neck which i must have round about 10 by now i dont really want to go to doctors to look stupid but every time i check they is more and more anyone have any info wot they are
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....