Hi everybody. Ive been friends with this girl at work for about 4 or 5 months. Ive always kinda liked her more than a friend, and alot more recentally. Shes always giving me big hugs, im not sure if shes hugging me, or trying to squeeze the breath out of me, haha, and she calls me "handsome", shes always touching me, and jokingly slapping my butt. She wanted to go have milkshakes with me and offered to buy, she asked twice, and I forgot to tell her when a good day was, and its been like over a week now. Shes alittle flirty with everybody, but alot more flirty with me than anyone else. Most of the time I think she likes me, but smoetimes im not sure. One time we were at work with a bunch of people talking, and she told everybody that she gave her number to a cute customer. I havnt heard anything about it lately, but why would she say that around me if she liked me? Thats the only time I really doubted that she liked me. Im not nearly as flirty with her as she is with me, so maybe she thinks im not interested, im known as the funny, shy, nice, athletic guy, so im not the biggest flirt in the world. What do you guys think, should I ask her out? I dont wanna mess up our friendship if she says no, itll probably get awkward. Do you guys think she likes me more than a friend? Does anyone have any similar stories? How did they turn out?

One love
-jeff
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 11th, 2006
Experienced User
Jeff!
Oh boy, this is quite of a complicated situation because you are afraid of messing up a nice friendship, but remember...You already have interest in the girl...So you are just waiting for the opportunity to jump in!
Now, if she is interested in you she could have said that she gave the cute customer her # just to test you and see your reaction...! But then again, she could have actually gave him her number because she doesn't think you are gonna make a move!
So before you miss the chance of telling her what you feel...I think you should start getting a lot more flirty with the lady...And see how she responds...! If she flirts back...Then that's a good sign...Then it is about time to invite her to a movie...Or something. All by yourselves...Do not try inviting more than her..Like..(double dates...)...!!!
Now, if everything goes right...You will end up with a girlfriend I hope...And..If not...The most that can happen is that you will always be her friend..And she will not keep away from you if she already likes you as a friend...! So, before someone else takes your spot..I would get flirtier right now! :d
try secretly sending her flowers...! :d or...Buy her a rose..And put it on her car..Trapped with the wipers! :) no note..No nothing...Just to let her wonder...! :d
fun lil things like that, ....Girls like to be pampered...But remember..Not too much pampering either..So she doesnt go stepping all over you...!
:) good luck..And report back ..:d
|

replied April 13th, 2006
She flirts back, shes just that type of girl. I shoulda made time to have that milkshake with her. I waited to long, prolly too late now.
|

replied April 19th, 2006
Experienced User
Hey....Now that's the kind of thing girls don't like guys to think like..
There is always time..
It's never too late..
I mean, you just have to give it a shot...And then...Even if it is too late...You will never regret trying!
Besides if that is not happening \for you then..With her..
There is plenty of fish in the sea! ;)
:d good luck again!
Give it a try!
|

replied May 1st, 2006
And she calls me boyfriend alot, what the heck does that mean? Does she want me to be her boyfriend, or is she just joking around, or is she crazy and think were already going out? So confused haha. I wish I knew what girls were thinking.
|

replied May 5th, 2006
Experienced User
Dude, go for it. I wasted too much time with girls that I loved that were just friends and stayed that way cuz I never did anything about it, and those chicks werent on me anywhere near as much as this one is on you. Just ask her if she wants to hang out. Its not hard, you guys are friends. Then when she touches your butt and all stuff she does to you you do it right back to her. She sounds cool man. Girls are flirty, thats their deal. Us quiet guys are always afraid. Its a miracle that I finally have my amazing girlfriend. Thanks beer!! I owe it all to you.

So the moral of the story is go for it or you will regret it forever, like I regret not making a move on a girl I hung out with for years in college. She was aweome but I was always afraid to ruin the friendship. By the way, after college she stayed in that town and she married some butthole and I havent spoken to her in years, so the friendship died a miserable death anyway and I didnt even get to kiss her.

Do it man. Then get back to us on this thing and tell us how you ended up passionately making out with her and removing her top while watching brady bunch reruns.
|

replied May 6th, 2006
Experienced User
I agree go for it! Use your sense of humour........"i'm still waiting on that milkshake", "geesh, how longs a guy gotta wait for a milkshake anyway?", "it's been weeks and all I dream about is milkshakes"(hinting while saving face at the same time). :)

women like a man with a sense of humour, but in the workplace definitely keep your hands to yourself. There's a double standard, where it appears women can be openly friendly and get away with it.....But men run the risk of being charged with harassment.
|

replied May 8th, 2006
I was gonna ask her out, but before I mentioned anything about it, we were talkin, and she said something, I think her exact words were, "if I wasnt taken, I would so date you, would you go out with me?" I didnt think she had a boyfriend, cause shes not going to the prom, and she never talked about him. Do ya think its possible that she said that just so she could see if I liked her, without making it look like she was asking me out? Or maybe she is planning on dumping this guy for me or something. So now I know she likes me, what do I say now? "hey, how are you and your boyfriend doing?" or "hey, you should break up with him" haha I dont know how to go about askin her out now. I really like her though. Ill see her on wednesday, then I wont see her, or be online for over a week, ill be in new england for a big track meet. So if you guys could give me some advice before wednesday on what to say to her, that would be great! Thanks!

Jeff
|

replied May 14th, 2006
Why would she say that she was taken and that she wants to go out with me? Im pretty sure she doesnt have a boyfriend, how do I go about askin her out now? By the way, I got 4th at my meet, got a nice big medal, if I wear that in front of her, shell prolly be all over me, should I try that? :lol: but serioually, how should I go about askin her out now?

Thanks!
Jeff
|

replied May 15th, 2006
Experienced User
Sure, bring the medal....Good conversation starter....And if she wants to "look at it", "well I don't know if I can trust someone that won't even buy me a milkshake sheesh!" even if she has a beau....In my opinion all bets are off, if one, she's flirting with you; and two because of your young age.....This is the time to experiment and find the one you really wanna hang with.
Wait to long, you'll miss the boat!......Besides I ain't responding no more till you get to first base, lol. :)
|

replied May 15th, 2006
What do you mean by "even if she has a beau....In my opinion all bets are off"? All bets are off for her boyfriend?

I think she just said she was "taken" because she didnt want to make it look like she was asking me out, but wanted to see if I liked her, is that possible?

And what do you mean by my "young age"?

Technically, I got to 2nd base cause I touched some boobies when we were wrestling around the other day :wink: , so you can respond if you want, hahah.
|

replied May 16th, 2006
Experienced User
What do you mean, what do I mean by your "young age".......Come on man, you just said "boobies", ha! By bets off, I meant, if the girls flirting there's gotta be some interest............And even if your "taken" doesn't mean you got a ball and chain around your neck..............Things change and sometimes in your favour. I believe in being faithful however when your young the last thing you want to do is get tied down when you haven't had the pleasure of experience life to it's fullest. :)
|

replied May 17th, 2006
How would I even start to ask her out? Since she knows that I know/think she has a boyfriend. What should I say? Should I say somethin like "wanna ditch your boyfriend and see a movie with me?" or "hey, are you still taken?"

i prolly sound like a loser posting all these questions, most of the girls I dated, I would just ask out, and not care about being rejected, but I really really like this girl, I dont wanna mess it up :d

jeff
|

replied May 18th, 2006
Experienced User
Re: Does She Like Me?
ohiokid87 wrote:
one time we were at work with a bunch of people talking, and she told everybody that she gave her number to a cute customer. I havnt heard anything about it lately, but why would she say that around me if she liked me?

that's a common form of trying to get your attention; jealousy. I do that; in fact I did it the other day at my work with a guy I know!! It's terrible, but it's trying to gain a reaction, to see how you respond. And seeing as you have, I think she's got her results!!

Kitty
:)
|

replied May 20th, 2006
Ah I see, thats prolly what she was doing, except I dont think I gave her the reaction she wanted. She asked if I would date her if she wasnt taken, and I said "sure I would" but I guess she thought I was joking because she said "im serious jeff!", I guess maybe I said it kind of jokingly, but I meant it.
|

replied May 22nd, 2006
Experienced User
Sounds like you two are talking to each other through jokes rather than real words. Plus you have to keep it light seeing as you both work with each other. So you have both adapted to speak to each other this way. If she asks you that again, try and give her a look that makes her believe you. However, don't let her take you for a ride.

If you really wanna be sure, take her aside and ask casually. If she responds positively then open you heart and speak to her in a true form, without any crack jokes!!

Good luck xx
|

replied February 12th, 2007
Dude seriously ask this girl out. All those signs and you still doubt it? Trust me im not attractive but when a few girls do that I know they like me. Maybe that whole customer number thing is one of those things that her and/or her friends cooked up so they/she could see how jealous you'd get. Girls do that!
|

replied February 20th, 2007
Experienced User
Re: Does She Like Me?
Hi Smile

aww....awwwwww! How old are you?

You remind me of Clark Kent. Don't ask me why- but I'm running with it. A young clark kent.lol of course she likes you.

She wouldn't be squeezin' your man boobs so hard if she wasnt trying to feel you up.

Yes. I did say that.. ! She's probably wondering why you haven't asked her out.. although at this point, she might as well ask herself lol. Why would shae say that - with the # thing? Because she is trying to signal to you that she is "available & looking" and wants you to pipe in!

Do you like this bottle of bubbles? When the female gets touchy feely--but grabbing- giant hugs.. she's silently telling you she is interested. I would keep an eye on her. She seems a bit shanky if you ask me. She doesnt have to be overly obvious that she really likes you!

Do what you feel is comfertable..if you want to wait it out.. there's nothing wrong with that. If you want to take her out-- wear a blazer that covers your (_)_) from further harassment lol jk

Either way.. have fun Smile One date won't hurt!

-=Reds=-
|
Quick Reply