Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Need An Answer to a Simple Question

My fiance just started taking bc pills and the directions say that it takes 7 days before they're effective. I've heard others say that they should be taken for a full cycle before considered fully effective....Which is it?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 11th, 2006
Experienced User
7 days, or at least that's what the doctor told me when I used to be on them :-p
|

replied April 12th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
If you start the pills when you start your period then it is effective immediately, otherwise you need only wait 7 days.. But you need to take the pill every day and not miss one.
|

replied April 12th, 2006
Thanks for the responses. We were a little confused since we've heard a couple of different things from several different people.
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...