Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Heart Disease and Heart Attack Forum

Mggie Dixon Dies At 28 of Irregular Heartbeat/hear Attack

Maggie dixon was head coach of the us army women's basketball team, who last month won their first ncaa women's tournament. The day before she died she was suffering irregular heart beats and the next day those who saw her said she was fine. She had breakfest but then said she didn't feel well soon after she collapsed. One doctor said she might have survived had she been given cpr quicker..

Five months ago I was suffering irregular heartbeats (very bad) one night I woke to pins and needles and a fear I will never forget. Mine was different-i had a tia (stroke) never would I think I could have one being 32. I know have no caffeine/alchohol and I notice when I have chocolate I will feel my heart shake alittle..My doctor warned me just to stay away from it all.....My heart goes out to her family/friends/team mates....

I hope all know cpr and if you don't call your local red cross. Know all the signs and don't be ashamed to go to the doctor if you feel something is not right.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper jennys11
|
Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....