Just recently i've been seeing my ex-girlfriend which we dated for like 6 months in the past, which was about 2-3 years ago but we ended our relationship due to long distance. Now i've seen her for like two weeks and we know each other quite well and I feel that there is love floating in the air but she hasn't graduated highschool but I have and currently holding my diploma in education. I feel like i'm ready to have a baby with her. Any advice, i'm really confused. Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 7th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Wait a little bit. Its too early to already be thinking family, when she hasnt been out of highschool yet and you two arent that serious. Take things slow. Find out what she wants and and what shes looking for. You cant know all this in two weeks. The 6 month relationship was a long time ago and people change. She could be different mentally and physically. Date a while and then get serious after youve been through alot. Do you know what she wants to do after she graduates? Talk with her. Things are very different from dating and living together. When you combine two different lives its very hard. And then adding a baby to be responsible for, for the next 18 years is a big decision. Think it over and take it slowly.
|

Extremely eHealthy
I so totally agree!! Shocked

take it slow, talk to her, think before you leap & find you're in quicksand.
|

Extremely eHealthy
I feel you should wait. Let her get her life situated before you move ahead. I got preg at 16...And my guy was 23...He was ready and I really wasn't. Now, it worked out for us, but it was very hard. I say wait until she graduates...Decides if she wants to go ahead with schooling, if she wants to just get a job, or even if she is ready to be a mommy. But talk to her and get her honest opinion before making any decision.

Good luck and god bless,

jennifer Laughing
|

replied April 1st, 2004
I say go slow. Especially when involving a baby. Whether you think you are ready for one or not, chances are she wont be.
|

replied April 14th, 2004
Please Listen Csolly19
I think it is great u want to be committed and that you feel love towards this young lady!!!!! But please listen u are what 19 now look back at just a lil while ago when u were 17 or 18 now I know (because we all did) you did things u regret now just imagine being 23 or 25 looking back at 19 you are going to do things u regret it is inevitable but baby don't let one of those mistakes be starting a family too young now your woman maybe a wonderful young lady but if u start a wife out young and she has a baby which is a stressfull lifechanging event there is a high chance even if she doesn't see it ahead in a few years of playing mommy she might feel she is loosing her young life experiences blame herself but will resent u and she could turn very cruel it could happen to any young lady trust me by cruel I mean she could stay a great mom but u will be put on the back burner she might even leave u or cheat on you people who feel trapped have a nature to act out and you could be biting off way too much with life u have to look at all and the best parents always seem to be that 30 plus year old couple in the park that went to college did their dirty secrets and lived alot grew from their experiences and then as knowledgable adults decided after long consideration and after maybe getting a dog maybe a child will or will not be right for our life cause have u ever owned a dog I have a dog and children and I am not comparing by any means but the responsibility of owning a dog if cared for properly being a parent to a gift from god is literally a million times more joyful but also a million times more stressfull
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Abhijeet Deshmukh
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Abhijeet Deshmukh
User Profile
Dr. Ana Aleksovska