I was diagnosed with infectious mono on feb. 6 2006 with liver complications (elevated enzymes). All my symptoms disappeared (2 months later), but when I do intense physical and/or mental activity, I get tired easily and I even get spleen sensivity (low-grade pain) and a mild sore throat. I will report this to my Dr.

Anybody has something similar? Continuous tiredness, spleen sensivity after mono? I hope I don't have chronic mono (aka chronic fatigue syndrome).

Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 18th, 2011
Post mono Chronic Fatigue - Spleen
I was also diagnosed with infectious mono April 28, 2010. I had some other complications (Terrible reaction to sulfa antibiotic + parasite) that futher pounded my immune system. Nevertheless, it has been about 14 months since I felt normal. I am pretty positive I've got chronic fatigue because all I can seem to do is sleep and catch other illness (still). Nevertheless I was interested in the strange splenic sensitivity as I notice it flare up from time to time. When I explicitly had mono it was moderately causing pain/discomfort, but now every once in a while I feel a twinge of pain. Is this something to take seriously or put a hault on life over?
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Got pain under your left side ribs? Is your left abdomen swollen or tender to touch? You might be dealing with a problem related to the spleen!...
Certain diseases can cause the spleen to swell to several times its normal size. Learn the signs and symptoms of spleen problems here....
An enlarged spleen is the result of an underlying disorder. What spleen disorders do doctors consider during diagnosis? What tests do they use?...