Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

Hhhmmm Pregnant Not Pregnant

Hi everyone,
i havent been on here for a while since my miscariage in january. Anyways ive been doing really well... I started birth control resently..... Anyways, I had my first period 2 weeks early. About a month ago and stopped taking it because I got confused and started taking the sugar pills.... (( I got so confused lol )) then in march I lost the package while I was in ny. I got my period the sunday I was leaving ( march 19th ) for about 5 hours or so.... After that on monday because it was done I had sex about everyday or every other day.... And a couple of times a day for about to weeks..... (( it was unprotected )). I know there is always a chance of being preggo when you have unprotected sex but I was wondering how possible it could be, the fist time I got preggo it was an accident cause the condom broke....

Im just wondering if anyone has an opinion....

Thanks everyone: )
isabel*
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 4th, 2006
Experienced User
You only had a 5 hour period? That's weird, are you sure you weren't pregnant already?

Anyway, if you have a 28 day cycle I would say that there is a very real possibility that you are pregnant. Sperm can live in you for up to 6 days and you had sex everyday for two weeks. So, if you ovulated on the 14th day than you would give the sperm 12 days to reach and fertilize the egg (6 days before you ovulated, and then the sperm that was there when you ovulated can live for 6 days).

You have about as much of a chance of getting pregnant as anyone who is actually trying to conceive a baby.
|

User Profile
replied April 4th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Birth control can play trick with you!! Hormones especially progestrin play with your period making it light and almost non existant....

If you are still worried about being preggo because you are on the pill you will probally need bloodwork (i had 4 negatives hpt got preggo on the pill) anyways just becarful and get checked asap if you think you are or stop taking the pill!!!

Good luck and baby dust ur way(ur ttc right??_)++++++++++++++++++
|

replied April 5th, 2006
Experienced User
Hi sorry I didnt get back sooner. Anyways, im pretty sure I ovolated today. ( the last time I had sex was thurdays ) . If cum last 6 days then I guess its possible. And no im not.... It was kinda the spree of the molment you know??? Well anways I talked to my boyfriend and he is saying im probibly not ( its nerves ) I should be getting my period in a week or 2 it kinda varies so im going to wait it out and if I dont get it im going to the gyhno. Ive already called them and told them what happend and they said not to worry if anything happens we will work it out. Im only 17.... And I no I made a mistake but if anything happens im going to talk to my boyfriend and my parents and other adults to see what the best thing to do is... All I have to say is ive really learned my lesson ( I no I should have learnd the fisrt time ) and im not going to be so stupid anymore.... I think im going to go on the nuva-ring so I dont have to think about taking the pill everyday ill just think about switching the ring every month ( lol ).....

Thank you everyone for your help! Im up for comments : )
i just want to say thank you to you all for your support in the past, your all such amazing woman : )

isabel *
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...