Hey all seems to be going well with my hypoglycemia, accept I have noticed the last few months my chest kind of flutters its kind of feels like a heart palipation wich is a symptom of hypoglycemia, and feels like something is been released through my air ways . My dr says my heart is fine so thats not the problem.
Ive been reading and see anxiety can be a cause of this?
What do u guys reckon?
It comes an goes, some days I dont have it at all, and some days I get it for a while then it goes away.
Maybe somehting im eating causes this?
I read caffiene is another cause but I havnt had any for 4 months.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 4th, 2006
Community Volunteer
Most likely all of this is related to the blood sugar. Remember, several months may go by before you notice significant changes, depending on how you're eating. I've had this a few times in the past when my symptoms were bad. A good rule of thumb with hypoglycemic symptoms, is to never worry about them unless they persist consistently for a period of at least three weeks, even four might be better. You'll find this never happens, they come and go in days. This is all the sugar, if something persists every day or nearly every day for the time period I specify, then it's time to see what else is going on.
|

replied April 5th, 2006
Experienced User
Its been coming and going for about 3 monhts id say
some days are worse then others
it usually happens for about 2-3 days at a time. Ive been reading on the internet and seems it could be some food intolerance doing it to me.
I am gluten intolerant, so ive been free of all gluten, so im not sure what other food it could be from.
Not that this has only started since I have been cutting out alot of sugar from my diet.
Never had this problem at all last year.
Its also feels like indigestion, then I get the palpitaions flushes, it seems to come and go during the day, when it comes it last for a few hours. Then will completely go away. Thats why I think it has to be related to something im eating
|

replied April 5th, 2006
Experienced User
Hi,

one of my main symptoms are palpitations. I only started getting my hypoglycemic symptoms when I tried to have a healthier diet and gave up sugar completely. I guess it was too big of a shock to by system.

Do you experience this chest sensation between meals? Are they relieved at all by eating? Keeping a journal of food eaten and your symptoms are a good way of finding a link whether it is low blood sugar or allergies.

Hope this helps.

Dj
|

User Profile
replied April 5th, 2006
Community Volunteer
Indigestion and weird digestion problems are typical hypoglycemic symptoms. They will come and go. I never had them until I started the diet, and they came on when I did. I'm not sure why, but I can tell you it's a sign things are starting to change for the better in your body. It's almost like the digestive system is rejecting the diet because it doesn't want to have to work for its sugar, or, as I think, perhaps the brain is shutting down part of its digestive control like it does with other parts when it's evening out sugar levels as they drop. Not sure, but it's a typical symptom and most likely has absolutely nothing to do with intolerance. If you want to check intolerances, you have to at least use the structure of my diet, not eating the same thing for four days, that way you can clearly track what happens based on the type of food you eat. It takes awhile, but if you have any intolerances you'll find them this way. If you don't eat the same thing for four days, you'll figure it out, but if you do, you'll figure out nothing. You always have to be consistent with this, no messing around otherwise you'll never get anywhere. So yes, it is related to eating in the sense that this is very new for your body, I sincerely doubt you have a food intolerance. They're quite rare, despite opinions about it, and there are usually a number of other physical symptoms that you don't mention and the sensations don't just come and go, they're consistent. Like everything else that doesn't deal with hypoglycemia. This is a rule of thumb, hypoglycemic symptoms fluctuate. Why they do what they do i'm not sure of most of the time, some are clear, others, like the weird digestive bloating I hear about frequently, seems to have no direct relation, but it's just because we don't understand it entirely.
|
Must Read
Flu basics - what is the flu? Get started here to learn how to protect yourself....
Who is at risk of developing flu related complications? Can people die from the flu? More on risk factors here....
We answer your questions on flu symptoms here. How are cold and flu symptoms different? When should you seek medical help for flu? Plus more....