I have rahter big (little over silverdollar sized) red itchy ring on my stomach. I also have an itchy rash all over my legs and arms and have had diarehha and been fatigued for days. Could this be ringworm and if so, how do I get rid of it?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 4th, 2006
Experienced User
From what I understand of ringworm, it's usually local to an area. It's a skin fungus (my neighbor recently had it.. Got it from a cat that was in the area). I don't believe it should explain the rash on your legs or the diahrea. Probably best to go see the doc to be sure. If it were ringworm, you would still want to go to the doc so they can give you prescription strength anti-fungal meds.
|

User Profile
replied June 30th, 2019
(online)
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Whipple disease and celiac disease should be ruled. HIV and diabetes screening is also essential. At the moment apply combination of antifungal and hydrocortisone ointment on affected areas.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Acne and Skin Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.