How long can it take for like a "positive" to show up on a hpt !? Like,if you were pregnant....
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 4th, 2004
Especially eHealthy
Well
The hpt should tell you how long to wait. From 2 to 5 minutes is usually the longest you must wait.
|

Especially eHealthy
Did
Didja take one? Gimme the results!
|

Experienced User
Lol No..
Lol,sry no that'z not whut I meant..I prolly didn't word it right...Like,if you took a test,and it was negative..But u were pretty sure u were pregnant.. But it never actually,like showed up positive..How long till you would get like,a right answer..!?..I know blood tests are probably better,but I can't get one any time soon..
|

Especially eHealthy
Hey
At least 2 weeks, usually a month. Then again, hpt's can be wrong or defective. I reccomend taking at least 2 at a time, like on the morning and one at night on the same day to be sure....... If you can't get a blood test that is.
|

Experienced User
Thanks
Well,i haven't had an actual like period since I think the beginning of november..I've had "spotting" twice.. But whenever I take a hpt (i've taken,2) it's always negative....But I haven't gotten a period,and i've got some symptoms..So i'm all confused...Is there something like wrong with whutever it is that detects the pregnancy hormone thingy in me!? Lol ...
|

replied January 5th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
Some people can take pregnancy tests all the way up until the day they go into labour and they can still come out negative!! Weird eh? The best way is to have a blood test done!
~melissa chastity and joshua
|

replied January 5th, 2004
Experienced User
I agree with her on that one..... I took hpt's up until I went to the doc and all of them came up negative and I was late for my period three months so when I went to the doc to see waht was going on she told me I was 13 weeks preggo.... So it came come up negative a long time after u miss ur period!!! Lol but im sure it doesnt happen alot like that most people will get there pos. Or neg. And it be correct..... Except me... Lol but goodluck hope everything goes the way you want it to !!!

Love ansley,
edd 6-22-04
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Mitaly Pathak Agarwal
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...