Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Cord Blood Banking Forum

New! Cord Blood Banking Forum

Ask questions here
|

replied April 1st, 2006
Cord Blood
My sister saved the cord blood when her son was born. It's really a great idea. Is anyone considering doing this?
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied April 12th, 2006
I just started looking into it a few months ago. I need to see if my insurance will help pay for any of it.
|

replied April 30th, 2006
Can you donate cord blood if you can't afford to bank it?
|

replied July 26th, 2009
Stem cell preservation
I am planning to go for stem cells preservation. But I have some doubts. There are too many risks involved right from the time of collection to prervation and till making it available in case of need. Also it is for 21 yrs and after that one is required to pay annualy. I am not able to decide whether it is worth to spend 75000 in sem cell preservation?
|

replied September 7th, 2009
how much does it cost all the research I have done and no numbers yet?
|

replied September 28th, 2012
cord blood
I'm going to save my baby's cord blood...It may be useful for him in the future..

I've just read the interesting article about cord blood donation
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied October 2nd, 2012
My husband and I decided to store our first childs cord blood with Biovault Family. I heard a few stories about risks to the baby, etc but they explained that it was safe and only carried out once the cord had been cut and clamped meaning the baby didn't miss out on any nutrients. Everything went smoothly and we will be going back to them for our second child's birth.
|