My doctor wants me to have the glucose test (i think that's what it's called, where you drink the orange drink?). Anyway, I know that's normal but i'm only 9 weeks. I thought they did this test towards the end. Anyone know? I'm going on monday for it.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 30th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I'm not sure how early .G.D can be detected, but I had my test done when I was like 27 or 28 weeks, somewhere around that time. I haven't heard of it being done so soon.
|

User Profile
replied March 30th, 2006
Supporter
I never heard of having this test done so early in pregnancy........... But, ummmmmmmmmmm, the drink is yummy!
|

replied March 30th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Yea ok, that crap is nasty....Not really..Lol it just takes like hot, watered down, orange drink.

I've never heard of it being done this early either. Does diabetes run in your family? Did your mother have it?

Sarah
|

User Profile
replied March 30th, 2006
Supporter
babymajic0506 wrote:
yea ok, that health question is nasty....Not really..Lol it just takes like hot, watered down, orange drink.

I've never heard of it being done this early either. Does diabetes run in your family? Did your mother have it?

Sarah

you need to drink it cold :lol:
|

replied March 30th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Tell the people in the blood lab that! Lol...I'm sure cold it would be delicious! Haha....I even asked for like red or grape!!

I only had to wait an hour after taking the test! I'm one of the lucky ones!! Lots of people have to wait 3 hours...Which would suck!

Sarah
|

User Profile
replied March 30th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Yeah, I just did mine a few weeks ago. I've never heard of doing one that early either. It's usually sometime in the last trimester. I thought at first that maybe they're asking you to do it bcos of a family history of diabetes...But i've got a family history of diabetes (seriously it's almost everyone in my family) and I still didn't have to take the test until the third tri. Are you having any health issues like feeling exhausted every day?

By the way, that stuff is disgusting. It tastes like flat, watery, slightly bad orange fanta.
|

User Profile
replied March 30th, 2006
Supporter
I .L.O.V.E.D it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
|

User Profile
replied March 30th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I had mine doen at about 28 weeks, they gave me something that tasted like carbonated apple juice(wasn't bad) tasted like a $hitload of sugar anyways I actually got sick after having everything done(not throwing up just felt like passing out) anyways there was nothing wrong....

I think they are doing too early I would talk to dr again

good luck
|

replied March 30th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Probably an insane sugar rush!!!!! Lol

sarah
|

replied March 30th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Diabetes does not run in my family. The only thing I can figure is that there must've been a problem with my urine sample that I gave them. I have noticed my pee is super cloudy lately (usually only my first morning pee), I don't know if that means anything. I also don't go crazy with the sugar (i don't think). I eat candy once in a while and drink soda, but mostly I eat a lot of fruit, yogurt, bland cereal, crackers, etc. I really hope my test comes back okay.

Has anyone here had gestational diabetes?
|

replied March 30th, 2006
Experienced User
You can get gestational diabetes
|

replied March 30th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Fruit is actually 100 percent sugar. Normally before any .Dr appt you want to steer clear of anything with sugar just because. Next time, drink lots of water before going in and avoid salts and sugars.

Sarah
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...