Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Masturbation During Pregnancy

My wife is pregnant. It is her first pregnancy. Does masterbation affect her pregnancy? I know sex does not but want to know that if she masterbates then would that be affecting her by any means?

Mobi
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 29th, 2007
when I was pregnant, my husand and I were aprehensive about me masturbating, because I normally masturbate laying face down in bed, and hump my pillow. I was particularlly concerned how putting my weight on my stomach and bucking back and forth might might harm my baby. It was a nurse practitioner who specialized in women's health who assured me all the humping I did wouldn't rupture the protective wall of the uterus. So, to make a long story short, I masturbated all through my pregnancy, and even humped my pillow the night before my caesarian. And so, if all my pumping up and down on my stomach didn't hurt my baby, I think your baby will be safe, no matter how much your wife masturbates.
|

replied November 30th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Did her doctor say no sex?
|

User Profile
replied July 9th, 2008
Supporter
I would think not. In fact, sexual energy can enhance and energize the whole body, as blood flow increases during orgasm. Plus, she'll be more relaxed.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...