Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

Peri-rectal Cancer

Hi ppl. I'm faithann(27yrs old). I'm new to this forum. My mom(47yrs old) is the one with colon cancer. She has been having a cyst(sp?) like thing by her bum hole for alil over a yr and it turned in to a huge hole. They told her over and over that it's just a hemroid and to deal with it. Damn I hate jersey doctors. Anyways, she just could not deal with the 24/7 pain anymore. She had to use the bathroom in the shower cause she could not sit. It hurt for her to even lay on her side. She tried to killer self...Thank goodness she didn't do a good job of ;) it! But one of the doc (a new one) finally said she (mom) has had enough and we need to do exploritory surgery. And come to find out she has colon cancer. And has devoloped a golf ball size tumar/mass in her vagina. She was told that she has an apt for march 31 to get all the info about the 4wk radiation and 6mo (everyday) chemo(sp?)

now here is the problem, i'm the only kid she has that is worth a health question, ya know. And we are stationed in germany. We have been given the option for them(a.F.) to fly us back for the time being so I can help my mom or they will have us stationed to the closest base which is only the next town over if it turns out to be terminal. The air force is really good to thier ppl!

Is there a chance that it could be terminal?? I don't want to go in to details but from what she has been telling me...She is falling apart.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 20th, 2018
Considering the history, colon cancer which has spread to the anal canal and the perineum, would most likely be in advanced status and might have metastasized to other parts of the body.

A proper CT or MRI scan or a PET scan can be done to determine the extent of the condition.

Hence consulting a oncologist would be helpful.

I hope this helps.

|

replied February 8th, 2018
Experienced User
Rectal cancer is the growth of abnormal cancerous cells in the lower part of the colon that connects the anus to the large bowel.
The major symptom of rectal cancer is bleeding from the rectum; other symptoms include anemia, fatigue, shortness of breath, dizziness and/or a fast heartbeat, bowel obstruction, small diameter stools, and weight loss.
|
Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cancers , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.