Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Lexapro Withdrawal?? Help Me, Please!!!!

Someone, please help me make sense of this. About a month ago while sleeping, I had a shaking episode that did not fully wake me up. I remembered it the next morning, but I thought maybe I had just dreamed it. At the time, I was taking a half of a xanax as needed for anxiety fits. I only ended up taking about 4 xanax in about a 3 week period. Now my doctor had me on lexapro, I took 5 mg for 10 days and 10 mg for 2 days then I stopped it because it make me feel extremely detatched. Yesterday was my 7th day without the lexapro, and while drifting into sleep last night, I had this: it was as if I was laying on a stiff board at the top of some stairs and someone was pulling me down, fast, about 10 stairs at a time. I woke up after about 1 minute of this. My heart was racing. Then a few hours later I decided to try to go back to sleep. At about 5:00 this morning I felt my whole body "buzzing" and I could hear "bang, bang, bang" in my ears. This time, the episode lasted a lot longer. It was very hard to wake myself from this one. Needless to say I havent been back to sleep. Could this be a withdrawal type symptom from these anti-depressants??? Please, someone, help. My primary doc thinks I am crazy.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 27th, 2006
Experienced User
I am going to a neurologist in the morning. I will let you know what happens.
|

replied March 28th, 2006
Could just be anxiety. I know recently i've been having very odd dreams, and waking up in the middle of the night with my heart racing, and having to really struggle to catch my breath and normalize my breathing.

Let us know what your doctor says.
|

replied March 29th, 2006
Experienced User
The nuerologist is going to give me a sleep study friday night. I will post what happens
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...