Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

Pituitary Tumors and asbestosis

I have some questions about the whole tumor thing. My dad is living with me and has ben diagnosed with a pituitary tumor about 1 year ago and has now been diagnosed with asbestosis. I have so many questions and no answers it seems - can you help?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 4th, 2004
Pituitary Tumors
Hi,

i'm so sorry to hear about your dad's problems! I also have a pituitary tumor. I have a microprolactinoma and am currently taking dostinex to lower my prolactin levels. I only started the drug in november, but all of my symptoms have disappeared already. I don't know anything about asbestosis. However, for the pit tumor, there's a whole lot of information over on the msn message boards....Articles to read and people who have been dealing with tumors for a long time, tumors including prolactinomas, acromegaly and cushings disease, even empty sella syndrome.

there are several men with large prolactinomas that chat. They'd be happy to answer any questions they can.....If your dad's is a prolactinoma. If its a different tumor type, you'll have better luck on the msn boards. Good luck!
|

replied January 6th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I agree totally er the tumour.

As to the asbestosis I suggest you go to a search engine & type in asbestosis, or asbestosis support groups, or causes of asbestosis or treatment of asbestosis (i'm sorry but from what I know asbestosis is basically a killer, it eats away at the lungs of people who were exposed to asbestosis mostly through their work, but sometimes housing) you may be able to sue the employer or housing developer/owner.

I will pray for both you & your dad.
|

replied April 19th, 2007
Acromegaly
my grandmother on my dads side had this disorder and died around the age of 57 . she had very large hands, feet, jaw, toung and so on. how likeley am i or my children to have this disorder? i was diagnosed with hiperthyroid as a small child. i noticed my joints huting alot in the last year or so mainley in my hands and arms , im 37. my grandmothers exact diagnosis was , active acromegaly secondary to pituitay tumor, chronic bronchitis, transient cerebral ischemic episode, at the time of this report she was 49yr. thank, texas mom Question
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Antonio Marotta
User Profile
Dr. Andrijana Shterjovska
User Profile
User Profile
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....