My vision seems to be quite poor at night, could this be nightblindess or just high levels of anxiety? (i have had an eye test)

thanks,
james
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 25th, 2006
Experienced User
Personally I think its just age. I have good eyesight myself but it seems that it wasn't as good as it was when I was younger. My doctor said my arms are getting too short when I told her I am starting to have problems with small print. (eye exam showed nothing wrong, I just can't read small print anymore).

I am okay at night if the roads are lit but if i'm someplace like out in the country where the streetlights are far and few between I have to drive slow and really pay attention to where my headlights are pointed. I'm over forty.
|

replied March 26th, 2006
Experienced User
Thankyou for the reply. While I am still very young and my eye tests have always been 20/20 vision. I dont have any problems with my vision in the daytime, but at night, especially as you said in a poorly lit location my eyes also have trouble adapting to the dark. It has been present since my anxiety started, maybe a few months after.

Thanks,
james
|

replied March 26th, 2006
Experienced User
I am night bliind... Its annoying
|

replied March 31st, 2006
Ive pretty much always had night blindness, its kinda something youll just have to get used to...Youll learn to do most of your shopping ect in daylight hours etc.
|

replied May 4th, 2006
I have this and mine is caused by my silver fillings in my teeth, do you have any?
|

replied May 4th, 2006
Experienced User
Yes I have 2 fillings if that's what you mean?

James
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...