Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Neurological Disorders Forum

Syringomyelia And Vertebral Hemangiomas

In 2004 I was diagnosed with c7 vertebral hemangioma throughout vertebral body and a syrinx on spinal cord from the t4 to t6 level. My question is through out all research I have done I want to know about what complications can I endure having vertebral hemangioma throughout the whole vertebral body and having pain with it? Also with the spinal cord syrinx it was said to be mild or small in 2004 and 2005 with mri's what kind of damage can be done to my spinal cord as of now from this? I can't find the answers and I am really scared I have pain extremely with both conditions and I have researched and read alot of things but I want to know from the time I was diagnosed with both conditions until now not knowing how long before the test I had these what kind of damage can be done to my c7 vertebra and and spinal cord were the syrinx is? The syrinx was said to be caused by a car accident I was in , in 1997 but not actually known but thought to be if this is of any help in answering my questions. I also have hemangioma of posterior portion t11.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper razzle51
|

replied April 21st, 2006
Syringomyelia
Go to www.Asap.Org for good support and where you can find alot of answers
|

replied July 20th, 2010
i have hemangloma at T4 vertebral body and a Marrow signal is heterogeneous, likely related fatty replacement of the marrow. i dont know what this means can u please explain to me what i have? is it dangerous ? can it be fix?
|

replied October 11th, 2012
Enlarging syrinx and probable atypical hemangiomas
I also was diagnosed with probable atypical hemangiomas at T3 T6 and T8 and a small 2mm syrinx from T11 to T12 in 2005. Monitored for 3 years and no changes. I suffered a pretty bad fall at work this June 2012 and really injured my knee, but also had some hip and back pain. As the knee has healed from surgery the back pain has increased. An MRI was done of the lumbar spine to rule out a disc rupture and my syrinx is now from at least T10 thru L2 and 2.6 CM wide. I am also experiencing some numbness tingling in legs and feet and occassionally arms, I have some urinary incontinence, balance issues , and other symptoms. Has anyone ever heard of a fall causing a syrinx to enlarge?
|

replied April 14th, 2013
I too have a hemangioma at T7 and a syrinx 2mm at t7 and t8. All of the experts say this has "nithing to do with my back pain" nor my numbness in my fingers and forearm at times. When looking at my MRI, you can see the syrinx goes from my cervical vert. all the way to my lumbar. It is the lenght of my cord......very narrow and widening in places to 2mm. I had a hard fall man yrs ago followed by a boating situation where I did not brace myself for the wake. Yes, I have been told that whiplash and other accidents can cause the widening of a syrinx.
|

replied April 14th, 2013
I too have a hemangioma at T7 and a syrinx 2mm at t7 and t8. All of the experts say this has "nithing to do with my back pain" nor my numbness in my fingers and forearm at times. When looking at my MRI, you can see the syrinx goes from my cervical vert. all the way to my lumbar. It is the lenght of my cord......very narrow and widening in places to 2mm. I had a hard fall man yrs ago followed by a boating situation where I did not brace myself for the wake. Yes, I have been told that whiplash and other accidents can cause the widening of a syrinx.
|
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....