Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Miscarriage and Stillbirth Forum

Hello New Here - Had Mc Awaiting Af

Hiya

4mths ago (nov) I had a mc, it was not identified untill I went for my 12wks scan and my baby had stopped growing at 6wks. I opted for "medical management" but unfortunatly this did not work for me so ended up having to have a d&c. That was nearly 17wks ago and I am still waiting for my af. I only bled for a couple of days after the d&c and the hospital said my periods would return to normal and should have first af 4-6wks after d&c but I am still waiting. I went to the docs about 4wks ago and basically they won't do anything for me untill it has been 6months. As far as I know I am not pregnant. My husband works away a month at a time and has recently gone back so by next week I should know if I am pregnant or not. For the past few days I have been getting brown spotting on and off (like old blood) but nothing developes further. I keep thinking that maybe my af is on its way but is taking a long time to start. I had some spotting about 3 wks ago but nothing developed from that either. It is so hard at the mo, all I want is my af's to return to normal to show me that I am ovulating and I can hopefully get a bfp! All my friends around me are having their babies and all I want is to feel pregnant again! Is anyone or has anyone waiting this long for their af after a mc? Sorry to go on a bit...Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 30th, 2006
Experienced User
Wow!!!
Hi bowbells!

You sound just like me!! I had a miscarrage at 12weeks and my baby stopped growing at 8weeks!! Did they tell you why? I started my af a week late after my d&c. They told me it like having a baby that you should start from 4-6weeks. If not maybe ur pg!!! I'm trying as well to get pg and I had my miscarrage 5months ago but just started trying!! Good luck to you bowbells maybe when he comes home you will have good news for him!! :d
|
Did you find this post helpful?