Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Mononucleosis Forum

bachache with swollen glands and tiredness

I'm a 30 year old female. For a couple of weeks now I haven't really been feeling well. It started with a back ache and now everything hurts. Kind of like with a fever but I don't have a fever. I also have been very tired. And I have swollen glands. I thought I was getting the flu but no fever, runny nose, sore throut, etc. I'm really not that sick just not feeling well. I don't know if I want to run right to the doctor because,like I said, I don't feel sick. Any help would be great. Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 4th, 2004
Re: Any Ideas What This Could Be?
dawnlane wrote:
i'm a 30 year old female. For a couple of weeks now I haven't really been feeling well. It started with a back ache and now everything hurts. Kind of like with a fever but I don't have a fever. I also have been very tired. And I have swollen glands. I thought I was getting the flu but no fever, runny nose, sore throut, etc. I'm really not that sick just not feeling well. I don't know if I want to run right to the doctor because,like I said, I don't feel sick. Any help would be great. Thank you.

dawnlane, mono if I am not mistaken makes you hurt all over and have swollen glands. It also makes you feel tired and run down. If your glands seem to get larger I would deffinetly go to the doctor. You can get mono just by getting a drink from the water fountain. I learned that from experience!!
Shayhaynes
|

Thank you so much for your answer. My sister and a friend both had mono and they were very sick from it. Is this always the case or are there milder forms of it?
|

dawnlane wrote:
thank you so much for your answer. My sister and a friend both had mono and they were very sick from it. Is this always the case or are there milder forms of it?

there are milder forms of it, which is what I had but if that is what it is your glands will get worse and you will be extremely tired. The doc. Gave me medication and it took me about 4 weeks to get my energy back. Good luck and hope you feel better Laughing
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Srinivas Singaram
User Profile
Dr. Andrijana Shterjovska
User Profile
Dr. Ana Aleksovska
Must Read
Is mononucleosis bacterial or viral? Does everyone get mono at some time? How does mono spread? Basic facts and definitions about "the kissing disease". ...
Do you know what causes mono? Although children are more at risk than adults,what can you do to avoid getting sick from mono? Review risk factors here....
The symptoms of mono may not manifest for everyone who contracts the Epstein-Barr virus. But when are symptoms serious? And when should you seek medical help?...