User Profile
My poor baby has gastro and it is heartbreakin gto see him in such misery. He's also teething again so it's making it worse and I just don't know what to do. I'm so worried cause he's never really been sick before this.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 23rd, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Gastroenteritis, is it? I don't think he should eat very much. I had that when I was little, and when I was beginning to recover my uncle mark gave me a piece of pizza, and, well... The results weren't pleasant. :)

i take it you've talked to the doctor about this?
|

User Profile
replied March 23rd, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Gastro
lil_blaze2004 wrote:
my poor baby has gastro and it is heartbreakin gto see him in such misery. He's also teething again so it's making it worse and I just don't know what to do. I'm so worried cause he's never really been sick before this.

jess I left you a message about that elisa has gone through it 2-3 times now
|

User Profile
replied March 23rd, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Poor little thing and poor you!! I have no idea how to deal with the gastro but there are a lot of things you can do for the teething pain. How are you handling that?
|

User Profile
replied March 23rd, 2006
Community Volunteer
Well he seems better. (jess I saw what u put on castle!!! Mwah!) we have a info health line through our clsc's up in quebec so the first thing to do is always call them and they told me just to keep him hydrated and not give him solids untill 4 hours after the last barf. His top teeth are now coming through so I don't know hwether the diarreah is from teething or gastro and his poor lil bum is so red from all the poop. And my stooooooopid boyfriend decides tonight is the night he needs to do overtime! Thank s !**@!!!! Lol gotta go, he's crying. :cry:
|

User Profile
replied March 23rd, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Jess, you poor girl, wish I was there to help if it is not the baby it is your s/o(significant other), if you fell like screaming, go for it, it might just help! I always thought teething was the worst part I remember a little whiskey on a washrag but not too good when and if they have gastroenteritis, poor liitle guy.
When do you go back to work? Is this guy straightening out any for you. It soundsto me like you need a night out with about 12hours of sleep but I realize that you could not do that but you do need a little bit of you time!
But I am sooo glad to hear rhe baby is getting better, have you talked to the Dr. About the gastro thing, you might let him/her know or at least keep it charted.
The best to you and yours!
|

User Profile
replied March 23rd, 2006
Community Volunteer
Hey sandy! I always feel like screaming lately as some of the other girls her know-lol i'm supposed to be going back to work in the next few weeks and am actually kind of glad about it. I love my son but I love having a life for myself also. My bf is gonna be staying home with him during the day and working in the evening part time when i'm home. Things are ok between us, not great but not absolutely dreadfull either.

Trey seems to be doing a lil better. He's finally sleeping and hasn't thrown up since this morning. He's not eating much but that could be those 2 teeth I see on the top now-lol I hope he'll be ok.
|

User Profile
replied March 24th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
I hope he is for your sake sweetpea.
|
Must Read
We burp, belch and fart an average of 12 times a day. But why do we have gas? And what is intestinal gas?...the basics here....
Intestinal gas forms from two main sources - swallowed air and bacteria in the intestine. Plus, learn which factors to avoid to decrease the likelihood of gas....
How much gas is normal? Usually symptoms of gas and flatulence are more bothersome than serious. But learn when you should seek help for excessive gas here....