I'm only 18 for over a year now, I sometimes get blood in my stool. Not alot but it's enough so that I know it's there. It only happens every few months and lasts for only a couple days before going back to normal. There's no pain, no dirreah, no weight loss.

For these few days, my stool becomes hard and dark colored and I can see the blood come off and go in the water. It's never red, always dark and i've read that this means it's coming from high up in the gi tract.

The reason i'm worried is that my grandfather died of colon cancer and my mom has problems with her colon. Should I be pretty worried about this and go to a doctor to check it out?

Last edited by Ghost22 on March 22nd, 2006 08:51 PM; edited 2 times in total
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 22nd, 2006
Especially eHealthy
If you are ever worried about your health it is a good idea to see a doctor. It sounds like constipation and possibly hemmoroids to me - but i'm not a doctor, I couldn't diagnose you.

Good luck!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Colorectal cancer is serious and life-threatening. This section outline types of colorectal cancers, causes and risk factors for development. Get the facts here...
Although most colon cancers begin slowly, there are some people who are more at risk of developing colorectal cancer than others. But who? And why?...
As symptoms of colorectal cancer appear, they typically vary upon location and size. Learn to identify signs and symptoms early. Know when to seek help....