Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Has Anyone Used Medroxyprogesterone?

I went to the doctor on march 6 or 7 and she gave me a urine test it came out neg she put me on medroxyprogesterone she said this helps to clean the uterus and helps prepare for a baby it also regulates my period so I can calculate when I ovulate has any one else been on these? And much? She has me on 1 pill every day for 10 days only per month she told me that she is going to try this for 3 months!Anyone with advice!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper lela144
|

replied March 22nd, 2006
Experienced User
I think that it is also called provera. I did 4 or 5 rounds of provera when trying to get pregnant with my daughter. It made me have a period but it doesn't make you ovulate. Are you just coming off of birth control?
|

replied March 22nd, 2006
Experienced User
No I am not on birth control and have not been on birth control for like 4 years but I still have not gotten prego so I went to the doctor she put me on this for only 10 days out of a month she said it would clean the over growth of the ovaries because I have not had my period since jan she said to do this for 3 months and it would help make me get prego! I started my period on sat and it is a bad one !!!!!!!!!!! But I guess it will be like this the doctor said this medication has one of the componets that provera has in it. When you where on it did you get prego? How long did it take? Thank you for your reply.
|

replied March 22nd, 2006
Experienced User
Did you get my private message?
|

replied December 3rd, 2010
medroxyprogesterone
im wondering the samething does it actually help you get pregnant or no?
|

replied January 4th, 2011
Yess! My doctor gave it to me 'cause I didn't get my period regularly. It was working when I was on the pills, but when I stopped using it my period went back to being irregular & now I only get it once a year.
|

replied July 6th, 2012
does this reall get your prego or what because i a, pn it and i am woundering how lng does it take it to work because this is new to me now so how does it work??????
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....