Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

a Clear Sign I'm Not Pregnant?

I have recently had unprotected sex (not for the first time) and started bleeding the next morning for about 9 days straight. I've haven't had a normal monthly period for the past 4 years and never went to see a gyno about it. Is this abnormal bleeding and a clear sign that I am not pregnant? Help please. Confused
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 3rd, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
Hi marie,

you should see your gyno as soon as you can. The fact that your period is so irregular and has been for 4 years is reason enough to seek some medical advise. Unfortunately this bleeding is not a confirmation of a negative pregnancy. As long as you are having unprotected sex there is a possibility of becoming pregnant.

Good luck
|

Experienced User
Dont Count Anything Out
As I told someone earlier, never count out the fact that because you have a period you are not pregnant. I had a period for three months and I am now 24 weeks pregnant. Just see your doctor and make sure. My co-worker say hi.
|

Experienced User
I agree the only sure way is to see a doctor
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...