Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Anti Depressants And Withdraw When Removed From the Med...

I was taking paxil for 11 years and about 1 year ago I and doctor decided I needed to go off of it I went off it very slowly (took about 2 months) I had the worst withdraw symptoms from coming off it for 8 months after that. You would think I was coming of crack cocaine. I went on the medication for gad but I never knew I would have to go through something like months of withdraw if I went on the medication. I really think doctors and pharmacist need to be more direct about the side effects coming off paxil and other ssri's. That way we can make a choice if the benefit out weighs the risk with these drugs.
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...