I finally received some of my old lab tests. Was wondering if anyone knows what a high ch50 means. My antinuclear antibody came back positive, ana pattern speckled and titer 1:80. This is when they dx me with lupus. But when I took these results to a differant Dr. He told me I only had fibromyalgia not lupus. Any insight wouyld be appreciated.
Thanks for listening.

Nan
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 6th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
It has been my experience that some doctors say an ana of 1:80 is positive and others say it is negative. Remember you *can* have lupus with a negative or positive ana. My current doctor, for example, considers 1:80 negative. *shrug* the previous doctor considered 1:80 borderline and would re-run it several times when symptoms were worse than before. To be honest, I have never dealt with this situation. My ana was definitely positive. Is there anyone that can give better insight to this dilemma?

Also, there are *no* tests, that I know of, for fibro. Do you know any other tests they ran? If not, I would call and get a copy of them. There is no *one* test that can determine lupus. It is a combination of tests combined with medical history that allow for a diagnosis.

Hugs,
ladybrannon
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Learn the basics about autoimmune disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing an autoimmune disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for autoimmune disorders....