Medical Questions > Cancer > Colon Cancer Forum

Duke's B2 Colon Cancer

I was diagnosed with stage ii colon cancer in oct. 2004. I underwent surgery to remove a foot of my colon. I was told that my tumor had broken through the colon wall and numerous tumors were found in my lymphatic system. The pathologist report stated that there were only 3 lymph nodes removed and tested. No sign of cancer in the nodes, however i'm concerned because of the small number of nodes that were removed. I went through several months of chemo, but it was discontinued early when it was determined that I was becoming toxic. My oncologist said that he felt the risk outweighed the benefit.
My question is "should I be worried about recurrence because of the limited number of nodes that were tested, and because there was lymphatic involvement"?
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....