Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Q and A Forum

Am I Infertile ...or is my Husband?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
i've bin trying for a baby for over 2 years with my husband to be and i havent yet fell pregnant and i dont think that there is anythink wrong with him because he has already made 2 girls pregnant and i have never bin pregnant and im not letting it worry me because then that could be one of the resons

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied April 24th, 2006
Pregnancy Q&A Answer A825
Women experience sterility for many reasons:
1. Inflammatory diseases(infections) of the reproductive organs;
2. Disturbed ovulation(disturbed hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian axis);
3. Oversized ovarian tubes due to infections, malformations, etc.;
4. Diseases of the uterus (endometriosis, polyps, adhesions, infections, malformations, etc.);
5. Cervical disorders;
6. Vaginal disorders (vaginism, malformations, severe infections, etc.);
7. Hormonal and metabolic disorders (diabetes, thyroid disorders, suprarenal disorders, anemia, etc.);
8. Misaligned position of the genital organs;
9. Nutritive factors;
10. Immunological factors (antibodies against the spermatozoids), and
However, your husband can first request a spermogram to analyze the virility of his sperm (no matter how many children he has). It might be that he is sterile. Then, you can visit your gynecologist to request examinations that can help identify the causes of possible sterility. Several examinations can be performed: colposcopy, Pap-test, vaginal smear, vaginal ultrasound, hormonal analyses (FSH, LH, estrogen, progesterone, prolactin, thyroxin, testosterone, DHEA), HSG, laparoscopy, etc.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Pregnancy Q and A , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.