What is more romantic than staring into each other's eyes aiding each other in creating the greatest miracle of life? What I hoped to be a fine day of enjoying a sweet lunch date with simon, followed by a scrumptuous all-you-can eat meal with angela at pizza hut, ended early that morning at 3am. I awoke in a state of panick, my water just broke. Simon was awaken a couple seconds later by my screams, and a few minutes later, he was on the phone with the hospital. I stood in the bathroom in disbelief as the goo-like fluid gushed out of me like a river, I don't think there can be an end to the flow. The nurse on theline told m to relax, take a shower, eat a light snack and try to get some sleep. I tried to stay calm, actually, in reality, I was extremely calm, all those weeks of internet research and literature reading aided me well, I am prepared. Simon on the other hand was a lot more jittery, overly anxious and very worried, I could tell by his voice. By the time I finished my shower, my contractions started and I was in great pain. The nurse told us to come to the hospital first thing tomorow morning, in 4 hours, and just try to sleep as much as possible. We were way too excited to sleep, excited and scared. The moment was exactly the same as when we first found out I was pregnant, just way too excited and scared to sleep. The day we've been waiting for is finally here. Now what?
We decided to head over to the hospital at around 4:30am, I was much to uncomfortable at home and I know it would be much more comforting not having to worry about having the baby at home or worst, in the car! When I arrived, I was 3 cm dilated and 100% effaced, I can be admitted immediately. Simon already made phone calls to most family members, and he has decided to wait until morning to call our friends. The birthing room was amazing, it was completely private, with a kitchen filled with juices and jello and other light snacks. There was a highly comfortable rocking chair and the coolest full body bath I had ever seen. I didn't even get a chance to finish my first jello when the intense contractions started. They weren't so bad at first, by quenching onto the side rail of the bed, I made it through most of them with a breeze. Then the pain got worst and worst, I tried walking, sitting, lying down, even the hot tub. Nothing worked, the only thing helping me through each contraction was staring into simon's eyes as he stares back, holds my hands tight and guide my each and every breath. That has got to be the most romantic feeling ever, the love we have for each other were so transparent.
I wasn't as brave as most women. I had demeral injectedinto me at the middle of the labor, when that wore off, I had my epidural. Getting the epidural was definately the worst part of the entire labor, but the result was worth every second of pain, I got a nice 1.5 hour of sleep once the drugs kicked in. The worst part about the epidual was that they had to put a cathurer (sp?) in me, which made me feel like I needed to pee, but couldn't! After my much needed nap, I awoke at 5:15 and was (aparantly) ready to push! However, at the time, I was so drugged up that I felt like the labor had completely stopped, or it was over. Most people say the pushing was the worst part of labor, but to me, it was the easiest. It felt like I was taking the biggest poop in my life, but with no pain. I could feel the pressure, definately, but no pain. I kept asking the nurse if I was pooping cuz that's what it felt like... But luckily I didn't...After only 45 min of pushing, and simon showering me with praises and kisses, christopher popped out!
What everyone said was true, once you see your baby for the first time, you forget all about the pain. I still remember it being crazy painful, but how painful or what the feeling was like, I could not tell you. Giving birth to my son was definately the most incredible experience of my life. I remember thinking that I would do the whole entire labor over again if I could. Just not any time soon!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 17th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Thats an amazing story!
|

replied March 22nd, 2006
Experienced User
Awww
Awww gurl im only 17 weeks pregnant and my husband and I have really bonded since ive been pregnant...And reading your story made me pull my box of tissus closer. That was the sweetst story every!!! Im happy for you, and I hope my experience is an enjoyful as yours.

Thanks for sharing gurl!
|

replied March 22nd, 2006
I'm glad people are getting something out of the story... It took forever to type... But I just had to share it with the world... Labor seems scary and painful.. But it is just an experience. It is the most natural thing we humans do.. Next to breathing and eating!

Krys: I am sure it was ur hormones that made u cry lol... I hope ur labor experience would be just as.. If not more enjoyable~ just make sure your husband continues to bond and change diapers well after the birth... Mine's been slacking on the diaper duty....
|

replied March 23rd, 2006
Experienced User
Hey!*
Hahah yeah ill def take note to that. Ill stay onto him! :)~ im glad you had such an enjoyable experience, I hope mine goes that way. Thanks for sharing it..It was defiently a touching story...

Does ur baby sleep all night? What did you name it?!

Krys
|

replied March 23rd, 2006
He's named christopher shayne... Sleep through the night.... Ya... If u call 2 hrs sleeping through the night!!! It's weird because when we first brought him home, he slept for durations of 4 hours, and then a feeding and then right back to bed. Now there are so many more variants that are keepign him up... I can't even think of an example... However, before, all he did was nap and now at 5 weeks, he looks around and stays awake for an hour or two at a time (sometimes fussy... Sometimes not) and I suspect he is smiling at me now not just gassy
|

replied March 23rd, 2006
Experienced User
Wow
That's was so beautiful. I am so happy to hear your story, it's really nice! It made me cry too!! I really look forward to that day. I hope feels as nice as it did for you. People always say oh it hurts and it gives that huge fear. I do believe that yes it hurts, but am looking forward to the loving parts of giving birth. Great story thank you for posting it.

Stacy
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...