Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Pcos And Getting Pregnant!?!?!

I have pcos and am on metformin to regulate and cause me to ovulate. I am always on time when it comes to my period. With that said I am almost 3 weeks late and have many symptoms of being pregnant. I am extremely fatigued, my chest is enlarged and sensitive, my appetite has increased, and I have been more emotional. I took a blood test and urine test this week and both came back negative. The doctor thinks that I may have ovulated late and am not as far along as I thought I would be. I am just wondering if anyone else has been or is in the same boat, or if anyone has some advice.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 18th, 2006
Experienced User
I would start takin' prenatal vitamins if you're not already doing so (it's even a good idea to start them before getting preggo too). Some women do not produce enough hcg in their system to be detected in early pregnancy. My mom was actually 2 months along before she tested positive (she had a blood test at 5 weeks that had come up negative). She had so little hcg that she even continued to have regular periods. She ended up having a healthy baby. I have also read up on cases where this happened with other women too...It's rare...But it happens. Thing is...You know your body better than anyone. Give it a few more days (possibly even a week) and test again...You could be pleasantly surprised.
|

replied March 20th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
I'm having high hopes for you! I, too, have pcos but I have insulin resistance with it... I'm on metformin as well and i'm hoping that it will help... I just recently started ttc and I was supposed to ovulate on the 15th of this month..... I was out of town tho.... So my husband and I only had sex on the 13th and the 17th, 18th, and today... So my hopes are not high... But i'm hoping for the best for you b/c I have heard how hard it is to get preg with our syndrome.... Good luck!
|

replied March 20th, 2006
Thank You
Thank you so much. I still haven't started my period and my stomach is starting to get hard, my niples don't hurt like they did but they are still really sensitive. And I have been on an emotional roller coaster the last few days. I guess I will just keep waiting
|

replied July 24th, 2008
Hey hopefully its pregnancy symtoms! I also have pcos and been tryin for 2 years,I hope u r not going tru the same but let me just tell u my story, I was already trying for a year before I was diagnose wit pcos since I wasn't ovutalin as a cause of lack of insulin, my doc prescribe me a pill to make my period come,clomid to ovulate and methaforn.I took it for for a month and started to have a lot of symptoms,like fatigue,fomining, never trow up before)tender breast, very very sensity nipples crying for every little thing ,very hungry all the time and etc,I took a lot of pregnancy test hoping I was pregnant they all came out negative,went to the doc and blood test also came out negative but I was having all pregancy symptoms,afteranother whole month we realize that the methaforn was making me sick,as soon as the doc took me off, no more symptmos, even the doc said that it was weird cuz usually methaforn doesn't give u any symptoms but the metalic taste in ur mouth but every women is different and to me it brought me pregnancy symptoms believe it or not, very dissapointing,sad, I don't want to sound mean I really hope its a baby for u, but don't bring ur hopes up until u get a positive result, telling u this from my own experience,I always had my hopes up, and its more painful,sad and disapointing,its soo fustrading that made me wanna give up,anyways I didn't give up,and still tryin, I'm gonna start the shots soon I'm just letting my body rest a little from all the stress It been tru.
I honestly wich u luck a lot of luck, I wouldn't wish anybody to go tru what I went tru,and doc said that even anxiety could give u symptoms, I know its hard to take ur mind off it expecially when u want something sooo bad but its better just not to think about it and just wait and see for that little plus sign on ur pregnancy test! Good luck. Hopefully well talk soon abt how great our pregnancys r going lol.
|
Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....