Hi. I'm only 21.....Still in college....I've never been trained as a serious athlete....I've only been dancing for four years and I am a swing dancer......(but no aerials ever)......These are such strange circumstances that it would not seem likely that I would be diagnosed with a labral tear in my left hip joint.

Its uncomfortable most of the time and hurts when i'm active....I had a tendonitis of the sartoris muscle, which I figured out by poking through my applied kinesiology book for massage school......I massaged it and stretched it regularly and its been gone since....But im also not doing any bloody physical activity....

I haven't had an mri yet, but i'm scared nonetheless.....

What are the chances that it is what it is and not something else?
What could other possibilities be to pain anteriorly especially when I bring my leg into forward flexion?
What are my chances with this surgery that I will have cartilage degeneration?
What are the chances of me doing well afterwards as an athletic person who is 21 and not 36 or 43?
What would recovery be like?

Help??? I'm scared.
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....