User Profile
Does anybody know someone or by themselves got pregnant if they are taking the pill and use condoms the same time when they had sex..Because as you can see..I'm really paranoid...I use to have sex with just using my birth control pills..But now..I make sure we use condoms with spermicide...Does anybody know anyone who got preggy while on birth control and condoms...I never missed a pill...But I am sometimes late by 1-2 hours...Help! I really don't want to be pregnant..I am just turning 18 on april this year..And am considering to go to medical school...I know all of my dreams will be nothing if I got pregnant...I am considering abstinence but I really do enjoy sex and my bf does too..Can someone give me and advice please!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 13th, 2006
Experienced User
My cousin used a condom and his girlfriend got pregnant while on the pill. The likely hood of that happening however is 0.01%. Don't worry too much about it.
|

replied March 16th, 2006
You can still get pregnant if you're on the pill but the chances are very very very slim. Also, if you're using an additional method of birth control, you're narrowing the chances even more, so I would say not to worry too much about it that much. It is a scary feeling, thinking that you could become pregnant before you're ready, but i'd say you're taking all the precautions and that at least you're being responsible about the situation.
|

replied March 16th, 2006
Experienced User
I think you're ok, as long as you take your pill within 3 hours of your usual time, don't miss a night, and especially, use condoms if you do miss one.

I have a question, too.... I'm on ortho tri cyclen lo, and my boyfriend and I don't use condoms and he finishes inside me. I take my pill at the same time every night and haven't missed one, but has anyone gotten pregnant this way? Just curious.
|

replied March 16th, 2006
Experienced User
rasuyoung wrote:
i think you're ok, as long as you take your pill within 3 hours of your usual time, don't miss a night, and especially, use condoms if you do miss one.

I have a question, too.... I'm on ortho tri cyclen lo, and my boyfriend and I don't use condoms and he finishes inside me. I take my pill at the same time every night and haven't missed one, but has anyone gotten pregnant this way? Just curious.

hi rasuyoung:

one of my friends moms got pregnant while on the pill, but she had been taking anti-biotics for a cold she had. Anti-biotics reduce the effectiveness of the pill. Just somethin I thought of when I read your post. I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not. My doctor never mentioned it, but it says it on the pamphlet that comes with my birthcontrol. Just somethin you might want to be aware of if you ever have to take an anti-biotic. Have a good one!
|

replied March 16th, 2006
Experienced User
Hi, yes, I did know that, but thank you for taking the time to tell me :) take care.
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...