Hi all. Like I just posted in the single & unhappy forum, i'm 29 years old and a virgin. I'm not going to ask what's wrong with me or how do I get laid. I know the answers to both those questions, I just can't put them into practice right now. I'm just wondering if there are other 19+ glbtq virgins out there. I've been a part of the glbtq community for years now and I find it's so sex-obsessed I really don't have much to talk about with my friends. It would be nice to talk to someone who is in the same situation I am.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 14th, 2006
Cute. I'm not used to being on a forum where they let kids in.
|

User Profile
replied March 14th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I was a virgin until I was 31 years old. There is nothing wrong with that. I did by choice.
|

replied March 15th, 2006
This Is Very Interesting
Nowhere in my post did I say I thought there was something wrong with being a virgin. I just said I was looking for other virgins to talk to.
I find it interesting that "there's nothing wrong with you" or "don't worry, you'll find someone" are the automatic responses when someone says they're a virgin.

Just curious, are you actually glbt?
|

User Profile
replied March 21st, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Re: This Is Very Interesting
oneofthesun wrote:
nowhere in my post did I say I thought there was something wrong with being a virgin. I just said I was looking for other virgins to talk to.

I find it interesting that "there's nothing wrong with you" or "don't worry, you'll find someone" are the automatic responses when someone says they're a virgin.

what does glbt means?
|

replied March 21st, 2006
Gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgendered, queer
|

User Profile
replied March 21st, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
oneofthesun wrote:
gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgendered, queer

oh okay. Well I am straight female. My brother was gay (may he rest in peace). Have other cousin that is gay as well so guess that runs in my family. If being gay is genetic I will probably have homosexual children as the brother of my bf is also gay. Hehe
|

replied April 26th, 2006
Problem_solver, I don't know if you'll get this reply because you obviously have trouble reading, but I said in my first post that I wasn't looking for advice on how to get laid.
|

replied August 22nd, 2007
Hey,
im 19, soon to be 20, i am in a commited relationship with my beautiful girlfriend and i am still a virgin. Am I a bit more like what you were looking for reply-wise? lol
|

replied August 22nd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
oneofthesun wrote:
Nowhere in my post did I say I thought there was something wrong with being a virgin. I just said I was looking for other virgins to talk to.

Non GLBTQ people are allowed to post here. We're called Allies. I'm the mod, hi! I'll be removing childish and useless posts in a moment, I just wanted to reply first.

I am sure there will be others here who can at least sympathize with you. Many of us were 19+ virgins so we know the feeling (or lack there of, for those of us who didn't care). We have been or are in, your boat. Even if we're not GLBTQ.

We're all humans. I'd think people posting to this forum in honesty would understand that the most: Our sexuality does not define us. An Ally's advice is just the same as a lesbian's.
|

User Profile
replied October 24th, 2007
Supporter
hi, oneofthesun!

I'm gay too.

I also find the gay community far to sex-obsessed, and found it difficult to adjust when I came out in such a sexual community (particularly when I was virgin).

Though I'm not particularly what you're looking for reply-wise, I'm always up for a good discussion!
|

replied December 10th, 2007
Experienced User
Another person that is slowly coming out as gay right here!

Through a dating site I frequent, it is chock full of gay men who are looking for nothing but a one-nighter. It is all about weeding those people out, and finding someone right for you.

My first boyfriend I found through the site, and we had the best three months of our lives, but had to step back, due to some difficulties. We are still good friends, and will always continue to be.

I have been able to finally begin to move on and found two guys which I am getting to know right now. Having a difficult time with my own patience and anxiety, but I guess that is what happens when you are new to the gay dating scene Laughing

The point is, take your time, and find someone that is right for you. Ask that person out, see where it goes from there. You have nothing to lose.
|

User Profile
replied February 11th, 2008
Community Volunteer
Eiri wrote:
oneofthesun wrote:

Non GLBTQ people are allowed to post here. We're called Allies. I'm the mod, hi! I'll be removing childish and useless posts in a moment, I just wanted to reply first.

I am sure there will be others here who can at least sympathize with you. Many of us were 19+ virgins so we know the feeling (or lack there of, for those of us who didn't care). We have been or are in, your boat. Even if we're not GLBTQ.

We're all humans. I'd think people posting to this forum in honesty would understand that the most: Our sexuality does not define us. An Ally's advice is just the same as a lesbian's.

Yes it is...I love my Allys!! Very Happy
|